FOURTY- TWO

Don't b mad at me ....

KAMARI "MARI"

"Aysan what cologne are you wearing?" Kamari questioned scrunching her nose up as he walked past her

"The Jean paul one you like why?"

"That shit stinks."

"Well excuse me den."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come off
that way , everything been stinking to me lately."

"Interesting... you must be pregnant."

"What? Absolutely not i'm on birth control."

"Birth control can control but so much , I be shooting the daycare up."

"I promise I am not pregnant Aysan."

"Mhm I hear you."

Aysan and Kamari were back in Miami for Pooter and Nuni's baby shower , which was being hosted at Pooter's residence. Aysan was definitely getting tired of traveling back and forth from Atlanta to Miami , but he wouldn't dare miss this.

Lai entered the kitchen with her eyes glued to her iPad screen. "Jalaiiah gimmie that iPad. Gon' fry yo' brain cells." Aysan said taking the device from her and powering it off.

He definitely didn't want Jalaiiah to depend on her iPad like most kids in this day and age. He still took her to the park , the library , and they often did activities together to help her learn outside of technology. He had also been looking for some pre-schools to enroll her in when she turned four.

"Let me take yo' picture twin , looking just like yo' daddy" Aysan smiled taking out his phone. He was just like one of those moms who had to take pictures every where they went. Lai was his pride and joy.

@gettemdonesaint 1m

"It's already 3:30 y'all we gotta head head out" Kamari announced checking the time on her phone

"It's already 3:30 y'all we gotta head head out" Kamari announced checking the time on her phone. The three of them made their way out of Aysan's condo and towards the parking garage. Kamari had convinced Aysan to let her drive his Hellcat and he gave in since he can't seem to tell her no.

When they arrived to Pooter's house cars filled the sides of the streets and the smell of barbecue filled the air.  Kamari and Lai walked hand in hand up the drive way while Aysan trailed behind them checking his surroundings. They walked through the front door and the first person to greet them was Shanika.

"My baby's!" She pulled all of them into a hug.

"Girll I can see that rock dancing on your finger"
She pointed at Kamari's  finger causing her to smile. She hadn't taken the ring off ever since Aysan put it on her finger.

"Your son snapped bad ma, he really did."

"While y'all here Nuni wanted me to record this tok tok where y'all say what you think the gender is. Aysan don't say anything out the way please."