TWELVE

KA'MARI "MARI" POV
MIAMI, FLORIDA

May 1st
Ka'Mari's $$ Day.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCHH!!" Crystal squealed through the phone.

"Thank you Crys" i said smiling into the camera

"How does it feel to be twenty two?"

"It feels regular to me , just happy to be alive you know?"

"I know that's right. Well let me get off this phone before i burn up Bizzle sandwich, I love you"

"I love you more" I blew her a kiss and hung up
the phone.

My phone has been ringing off the hook and i've been tagged in many instagram posts , I was really feeling the love. I stood up from my island and grabbed a bottle of Casa to do a birthday toast for myself.

I heard my garage open and little footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS MARI" Lai squealed grabbing my leg. I scooped her up into my arms and hugged her. "Thanks munch i appreciate it"

"I got you something my daddy bringing it in"

"Oh really? You didn't have to get me anything munch"

"Oh yes she did , lil ass had me all over the mall" Saint said coming in with two gift bags. He placed them in front of me on the counter , I opened up the first bag and pulled out a YSL shoe box. A new pair of black pumps sat in the box, I was already eyeing these the last time i went out to the mall. The second bag had chrome heart dress , two essential hoodies and some gallery department merch. I know these gifts had Saint all over it. I wasn't a very materialistic person but Saint always would spoil me with the finer things , of course I wasn't complaining though it was just something i had to get use to.

"Aww munch , I love all of these things thank you"

"You're welcome" she smiled hugging my leg again before running off into the living room. I put the bottle of casa i had out back up into the cabinet.

"You still not talking to me?" Saint asked tilting his head trying to wrap his arms around me but I maneuvered around him, he grabbed my arm and spun me around "Ka'Mari yeen talk to me since we got up this morning , fuck is up with that?"

"What's today Saint?"

"Yo birthday i know that much"

"I asked you if you wanted to go out with me , you said no. I asked if you knew it was my birthday you said no. So i think it's best if you get the hell out of my face."

"Ka'Mari you talking crazy right now, you really mad over this lil ass birthday?"

"You damn right Aysan. Now if you excuse me i've got somewhere to be" I said grabbing my purse off the counter and exiting the house. I opened the door to my brand new 2022 Mercedes C class that my father gifted to me today and slid in firing up the engine.  I was pampering myself today , hair , nails , and a little shopping since i haven't really had any time for myself.

As i pulled out of the drive way , Aysan watched me from the garage. Was i being petty? Maybe. 

I turned up the radio , "Remember you" by Wiz Khalifa circulated through the car  as i exited the neighborhood and drove towards the highway to make my way to my hair appointment, self love is the best love.