Part seventy-two

Not very many chapters left! I think one, and then an epilogue maybe?? Please please please vote, especially if you haven't for other chapters! I'm debating whether a sequel is in order, and so far only 5-6 people vote regularly so I'm leaning against a sequel. I know there's about 66 people reading each chapter, and if silent readers voted, it would really impact my perception of how many people are enjoying reading. That being said, thank you for being here even as a silent reader. I appreciate everyone that has given me a chance. If you're looking for something to read after this, check out Completely Yours on my profile. Verryyyyyy smutty with a plot line.

Xoxo
Sobriquetsays
——————-
SOFIA'S POV

I feel like such an idiot because I don't notice it first. I assume I'm getting headaches because I'm crying too much and not eating enough. I've dropped ten pounds within the last three weeks, which looks drastic on my already slim body.

One second I feel fine, and then next I'm sobbing over the fact that James cheated on me. Knowing that he slept with his personal assistant while he was with me hurts worse than when I had to leave Ioane. What did I do to deserve that?

Most of the time, I spend my days in bed sleeping. I'm constantly exhausted, and it isn't until I start throwing up that my dad insists on taking me to the doctor. He's convinced I have the flu, I'm convinced I'm heartbroken, and when I speak to my doctor, it seems like she's convinced I'm pregnant.

Long story short, my doctor is right.

James and I did have a lot of unprotected sex. It was bound to happen, and we were stupid for not using protection. Now I'm stuck in this position where I've been separated from him for weeks. I'm oversleeping and under-eating, hardly moving and vomiting all over the place.

James used to call every day, but I never picked up. I didn't want to hear his excuses. Now, he's stopped calling, and that makes it all the more worse. If James has given up on us so easily, what chance do we have together? Our marriage will never work if one of us completely gives up on the other.

I'm not sure what to do. Should I get a divorce? But then the cash payments would stop flowing in, and my dad would be screwed. Not to mention that I would be screwed when his debtors would come to collect.

I debate my options. What kind of life could I give this child? His or her father is an unreliable, cheating asshole that never wanted a kid. I'm jobless. My father spends all the money James' parents pay us. It's not feasible to have this kid.

I could go through with an abortion, but my heart would never be able to take it. I'm going to have to put up the baby for adoption, as much as it kills me. The baby deserves to have a good life and a family who will love it more than anything in the world. James would never put me and the baby above drinking and his whores.

I head to the bathroom and splash water on my face. My eyes are splotchy and red. I dry my face off with a towel and run my hands through my hair. My body feels drained, and I just want to lie down.

I climb into my old twin bed, sighing. One day, I'm going to have to get up and face my problems, but today isn't that day.

~~~
JAMES' POV

I drive up to Sofia's door with a two dozen bouquet of white roses. When her father answers the door, I push him out of my way, sending him staggering backward.

"What the fuck?" He asks, watching as I force myself through the doorframe.

"Sofia! Sofia!" I call my wife's name.

"Get the fuck out of this house!" Nicholas yells. He lunges for me, and I step backward, avoiding him entirely.

I hear the sound of footsteps hurrying down the stairs, and suddenly Sofia is standing there in the flesh. It's the first time I've laid eyes on her in four weeks. She looks so shockingly different, and that much time hasn't even passed.