Chapter forty-eight

SOFIA'S POV

Tomorrow is going to be my last full day in Hawaii before I leave, and I'm already sad. Ioane can pick up my change in mood.

"What's wrong Sofia?"

"I don't want to leave," I tell him.

"Extend your trip then. You're welcome to stay with me for as long as you like."

I smile at him. "That's sweet, but I can't overstay my welcome."

"No such thing as overstaying. Leilani loves you, and so do I," he says.

My eyes widen. "W-what?"

He seems to realize what he's just said, and his cheeks darken. "I mean—you know what? Nevermind. That is exactly what I mean. I love you Sofia."

My heart races in my chest, and Ioane steps forward to trap me against his kitchen counter. Both of his hands move to cup my face. "I love you so much."

"Ioane," I breathe. "I can't-I don't know-I can't say it back," I tell him. What am I supposed to say to him? I never saw this coming. How was he in love with me? I knew I cared about him, but did I love him? No. Not yet. If I let myself fall for him, I could. But I was forcing myself to hold back my feelings. I don't want to get hurt. There's no point in letting myself love Ioane because I'm with James.

He kisses my forehead. "You don't have to. I'm not pressuring you. But I want you to know that you always have a home with me."

And at that, I burst into tears. I can't help but wish that James and I weren't married. That way, I could stay with Ioane forever. I could finally have a kid of my own and take care of Leilani as if she was my blood.

"Don't cry love," he tells me. "It's okay."

"It's not okay," I tell him. "I don't know what to do."

Should I divorce James? But then his parents would stop paying my dad in installments, and my dad needed their money. I didn't have a choice here.

He brushes away my tears. "Come on Sofia, let's go to the beach."

I help change Leilani into her swimsuit, and then Ioane and I get in the car and drive to the beach. We spend the day splashing in the water, and Ioane feeds us both fresh fruit under the hot sun.

Leilani wants to bury me in the sand like she did last time, so I allow her to throw sand over me. Ioane helps her, pouring sand over my skin. When I'm completely covered, he bends down to kiss me. Leilani copied him, kissing my cheek. Soon, I'm giggling as they both cover me with kisses.

I can't believe that I could stay here forever if I divorced James. This could be my life. Playing in the sun, burying myself in the sand, kissing Ioane and Leilani all day long. It sounds heavenly.

~~~~
JAMES' POV

Mara opens the door to her house, and I enter, removing my shoes. She kisses me hard, closing the door behind me. I pick her up, carrying her to her bedroom. We attack each other with fury, ripping off each other's clothes. The buttons of Mara's shirt pop off as I tear at her shirt. And her small tits come into view. They poke into my chest as she pulls me on top of her, locking her legs around my waist. I feel her rub her wetness against me, forcing my cock to brush her clit over and over again.

She moans as I pull away, entering her quickly. Her eyes fly open, and I begin to thrust into her with aggression. "Harder," she begs. "Fuck me harder."

I growl, pounding into her until she's quivering underneath me, and I listen to the sound of her screaming my name as she orgasms.

I flop onto the bed next to her, recovering my breaths. Slowly, I begin to come back into my body. I change into my clothes, getting up to leave. I never stay at a woman's house longer than I have to. And the only woman I've ever actually slept with is Sofia. I'm going to make sure it stays that way.

"You sure you don't want to stay for dinner?" Mara asks.

I shake my head. "I need to get home."

Taking an Uber home is easier than calling a cab. There are several Ubers already close to my location. When I get home, I remove my clothes, shower, and get into bed. Sofia doesn't call me, and I don't bother to call her back either.

The next day passes by quickly, and I find myself looking forward to seeing Sofia tomorrow. I told her that I would be picking her up from the airport when she arrived back in town.

It's hard to get work done when my mind is distracted all day. All I can think about is how this is Sofia's last day with that fucker. Then she'll never have to see him again.

I decide to call her while I'm at the office. She picks up on the second ring.

"Sofia?"

"Hi James," she says. I notice that she sounds upset, and my heart picks up. What did that fucker do to her?

"Is everything okay?" I ask her.

"It's fine," she says dismissively, and I know she's lying.

"You can tell me," I say to her.

"Nothing. I'm just sad that my trip is over already. I was thinking about extending it," she says.

Oh hell no. "Sofia, I need you back home. I have another dinner I need you to attend with me," I tell her.

That's a lie. I could go to the dinner without her, but I'd rather not. It's at Henderson's house, and he's a big fan of Sofia. I'd probably win more favor with him if she was there.

"Oh," she says dejectedly.

"Yeah." I don't want her to stay longer with that fucker. I don't trust him around her.

"I guess I'll come home then. You can pick me up at 6?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then," I tell her.

I sort of feel bad for making her come back to New York, but not that bad. I'd do anything to get her to leave the fucker behind.