Chapter forty-seven

SOFIA'S POV

Waking up next to Ioane is the most comforting feeling in the world. He holds me close to him while he sleeps, and I'm careful to roll out from under his arm to brush my teeth. Then I crawl back in bed. Moving the comforter to get back into bed seems to cause Ioane to stir. He looks up at me sleepily.

"Go back to bed," I whisper.

He gestures for me to come close, and I allow him to hold me while he falls back asleep. I listen to the sounds of his deep breathing while I lay there, and eventually I fall back asleep too.

When I wake up, I catch Ioane watching me. He leans in to kiss me when he sees I'm awake.

"You look beautiful in the morning," he tells me.

I blush, kissing him back softly. His lips find their way down my throat, kissing down my chest over the lace of my negligee. He lifts my negligee up, and I watch his eyes darken as he realizes I'm not wearing any underwear. My cheeks feel hot watching him take in my bare sex.

Then he looks back up to meet my eyes. "I know you said you're a virgin," he tells me. "Has anyone ever tasted you before?" He asks.

My eyes widen, and I shake my head fervently. What's he going to do?

"Can I taste you?" He asks me.

I nod my head immediately. I want him right now more than anything. My body burns as Ioane kisses his way down my flat stomach. His presses his lips against my sex before spreading my legs. I gasp as he begins to kiss and nip at my inner thighs. I feel myself growing wet, and it's a sensation I'm not used to at all. My sex aches for him, and I whimper as he begins to lick along my slit. He spreads me apart with his fingers, his tongue diving into my slick folds. I gasp at the sensation, squirming underneath his mouth.

Ioane's strong arms hold my legs apart as I threaten to lock them around his head. He continues swirling his tongue in beautiful patterns, applying even pressure with his hot mouth. I'm moaning uncontrollably, completely amazed by this burning feeling coursing through my veins.

Suddenly, he takes his mouth and sucks on my clitoris. I feel myself break, and I come undone, screaming his name.

He laps up my juices while I tremble underneath him, and then when my body finally relaxes, he emerges from my sex. I sigh as he kisses his way back up my stomach. The man pulls my negligee down over me again, and I let out a shaky breath as I look into his eyes.

"I cannot believe you just did that."

"Believe it," he says. His voice comes out husky. "How did it feel?" He asks.

"Really, really good," I tell him. I want him again and again. The feeling of my body unwinding is delicious.

He chuckles, kissing my cheek before laying back flat next to me. Ioane opens his mouth to say something, but then we hear the sound of Leilani crying.

"I got it," I tell him.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

I nod my head, smiling at him. "Yeah. Let me bring her to this room."

I head over to her nursery and pick her up from her crib. When I bring her back to Ioane's room, he's changed into shorts and a T-shirt. "Dada," she says, opening and closing her fists. He reaches out for her, and I hand her to him. We sit on the bed together and play with her while she gives us sloppy kisses.
~~~~
JAMES' POV

Mom has invited me over for dinner tonight so we can get to know Damon better. I'm the first one to arrive, and mom welcomes me with a big hug.

"How's Sofia doing in Hawaii?" She asks.

I try to act like nothing is wrong. I don't want mom to realize how upset I am by the fact that Sofia is gone. "She's having a great time."

"Good! She deserves a nice break after everything her father had put her through. Poor girl carries a lot of stress on her shoulders."

Mom isn't wrong. Sofia's dad really did fuck up her life to the point where she gets nervous spending my money, even when she knows I'm perfectly fine with it. If she was less nervous, she'd probably be sleeping in a hotel right now instead of with that fucker.

Just then, the doorbell rings. I open the door, and it's Sarah and Damon. I shake his hand before hugging my sister.

"Come in," I tell them.

We take a seat at the dining table where my mom has set out the food. Mom and I take a seat across from Sarah and Damon. "So how was work?" I ask him.

"Not too bad," Damon says. "How've you been? Where is your wife?"

"She's in Hawaii," I tell him. I don't bother giving him any details. He hasn't earned them.

"Isn't that where your honeymoon was?" He asks me.

I nod my head. Sarah glares at me, noting my lack of attempt to get to know him better. I refrain from rolling my eyes and ask him a question. "Have you ever been to Hawaii?"

"Never," he says. "I'd love to go one day though. Maybe you and I can go together," he tells my sister.

Ugh, I don't want to spend my free time watching them be all romantic with each other. Mom asks Damon more questions about his family and work, and I zone out, thinking of Sofia. What did she do today? Is she enjoying herself? Will she even want to come back to New York? An irrational part of me is terrified that she'll refuse to leave Hawaii.

"James?"

"Sorry, what?" I snap out of it and look at mom.

"I was just asking if you wanted some more chicken."

I shake my head. "I'm all good, thanks."

After dinner, Damon asks to speak to me in private. I gesture for him to come out onto the patio with me.

"I know that you don't know me very well, but I really care about your sister. I just wanted to make sure things we okay between us. I want to have a good relationship with Sarah's family," he says.

"I'm still a little skeptical of how long you'll last," I tell him. "Sarah hasn't brought many guys home, so it's interesting to have you here. Don't break my sister's heart, and we won't have a problem," I tell him. "If you do, I'll make sure to destroy you."

He gulps, but agrees nonetheless. How is it possible that I can get him to agree with me, but not my own wife? I still can't believe she went shark diving with the fucker. What else have they done together without my knowledge?