Chapter 23: Future and Dreams

Alright, I know you're all probably pissed at me, cause I kept you waiting. I'm sorry, I honestly had a brain fart and couldn't think of anything. But I will always try my best to update on the weekends. So here you are :D it's Spring Break for me, so if i'm not doing anything, then expect some updates throughout the week. :) Enjoy and I apologize for any mistakes. 

P.S. Please read False Claim :) and If you will, like my picture on instagram. ;) 

Chapter 23: Future and Dreams

            When I hear the bell ring that signals class is over, I get up in a rush. I was tired, from trying to stay up long enough to not miss Aiden’s calls. I had missed three the other night, because I was sleep after studying for a mid-section test for the required math class I had to take. And I also stayed up writing a very long, but good paper about death. It was kind of hard, because I didn’t have anyone close to me die, but I pulled from other inspirations and came up with something successful.

Mr. Jones asked me if I could come to his class after school, so that’s where I was headed. I walked down the hall to his class, and knocked on the door.

He opens it, “Nia hi.” I walk in and sit down at a random seat.

“Hey Mr. Jones, what’s up?” He walks in front of his desk.

“Every year, I pick a couple students, to join me  at this writers event. It’s very popular in the publishing and new coming authors like you.” He hands me a flyer to what I assume he’s talking about. My mind starts to go wild with his words.

“I wanted to invite you to come with me, socialize about things, meet a couple famous publishers, and just to enjoy the party. What do you say?” I smiled, grateful for him and this. 

“It sounds great Mr. Jones. Thank you.”

Just as he was about to say something else, someone knocks.

Mr. Jones goes to answer it. “Erin, hey babe. I was just about to call you and tell you that I was coming to pick you up.”

Erin looked white, but by the look at her features and her wild loose curly locks, she was mixed with something. She was dressed nice in a yellow sundress.

“Well I just decided to surprise you. I can leave—“No it’s fine. I don’t want to interrupt your guy’s plans. Thank You Mr. Jones, I’ll definitely consider coming to this.” I smiled at Mr. Jones, because he never told the class that he was seeing someone, and everyone was lusting after him, when he had a woman.

“Alright Nia, we can talk about it after class. You be safe.”

Erin looks at me. “Oh this is Nia; he talks about you all the time. You’re his star student with the amazing writing skills. Are you inviting her to the Publishing and Writers Gala?” Mr. Jones nods at his partner.

 “That’s what I was just handing her.”

Erin smiles, “Well that’s going to be great for you. I’ve read your writing and I can definitely talk to some of the people at my job.”

Mr. Jones blushes, “I share the best of my student with her so she can get my some tickets for the Gala, and she’s the one who actually started it.”

I look at her in amazement. “Why have you been hiding her Mr. Jones?” 

He laughs. “I want people to work for the chance in going to this, and by proving to me that they can excel from just writing essays and creating something that will catch someone's attention. Only students like you, with an amazing mind-set and variety to think outside the box with writing can meet the woman of my life. She’s a part of the Gala and I don’t need people getting to me, because they think I can get her to get them some kind of spot in the publishing business.”