43. Us Against The World

17/03/22-18/03/22

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

I just walked out of Yoongi's room where Sarah is staying for the night.

To say I'm frustrated at this very moment is an understatement.

I know that, without a doubt, Sarah loves me. And, fuck, I love her more than anything and would withstand any kind of bullshit that gets between us.

But, I do understand the pressure and scrutiny that Sarah is facing.

That's the root of my frustration.

I don't want her to question us. I don't want her to hurt emotionally anymore. It would be easy to just break it off, but I love her too damn much to let her go.

We have a lot to consider and discuss.

Maybe, she and I just need some sleep and hopefully this weekend getaway we are going on with Yoongi and Melina can help, somehow.

~

It is now late morning on a Friday. We got up early to have breakfast and pack for the trip and load the car. Although, last night wasn't pleasant for us, we managed to have a good morning, enjoying each other's presence. I tried to keep my distance from her assuming that's what she wanted.

I'm just trying to be the gentleman I can be for the woman I love, even if I can't hug and kiss her. I'm grateful to at least be in her presence.

We eventually hit the road to head to Yoongi and Melina's home, and we arrive right at noon. I let Sarah go ahead of me to ring the doorbell and it just makes me happy to see the big smile on her face because she gets to see her best friend who she's been apart from longer then they usually are.

The door swings open and we are met with Melina, who looks beyond surprised.

"Sarah! What the fuck?! When did you get here?!" Melina exclaims questioningly to her best friend.

Sarah explains to her how she arrived last night and stayed at the dorms with me and that she wanted to surprise her. Yoongi and I let the two best friends catch up and Melina shows Sarah around their home. During that time, Yoongi and I load the car with their stuff, and in no time, we head to our destination.

~

It is now 3:30pm and we finally make it to the chalet that Yoongi booked for us to stay in for the weekend. Yoongi and Melina get the whole top floor for themselves while Sarah and I get the rooms on the first floor, and we'd share the bathroom in between.

Before Sarah could say anything, I was the first to suggest that we sleep in separate rooms, knowing that's what she'd want. I didn't want another argument, so I left it as that. I know she could sense frustration in me, but she also didn't bring anything else up about what we discussed the previous night.

~

It's a little past 8pm now. We finished dinner not so long ago and now Yoongi and I are in the hot tub, waiting for Sarah and Melina to join us.

My jaw drops when I see Sarah walk out in a two-piece blue and white polka-dot bikini set.

Fuck, I miss her body all over me. But, I really need to control myself and keep my distance from her and honor her wishes since we are on this break from each other.