42. Visiting Seoul

17/03/22

Since I last saw Jungkook in person, which was Christmas time, we had to reevaluate our situation.

It has nothing to do with us not loving and caring for each other.

It's just that a lot of shit has hit the fan the past couple months with media and sasaengs- not just for Jungkook- but for all the members and their partners.

Now, all the couples are handling it in different ways. Melina and Yoongi, as well as Yoohyeon and Taehyung have been staying strong and although Yoongi and Taehyung are completely worried about Melina and Yoohyeon's safety, they are doing their best to keep their relationships as secretive as possible. Melina spends half her time in Seoul now, ever since she started her new job in management for RCA Records/ Sony Music Entertainment, and she's currently working closely with the idol group, Ateez. Yoongi wanted her to live with him and they've done well to make sure they have the best security and privacy set for them in the area they live in, which is a gated community, so that works out.

It's a little more trickier with Yoohyeon and Taehyung because Yoohyeon is just as much in the public eye as Taehyung is because she's a fashion powerhouse, dominating as an upcoming fashion designer. Yoohyeon and Taehyung have been linked in the past but PR was able to chock it up as mere gossip. As of right now, they are able to keep what they have out of prying eyes.

Namjoon being in another country from his girlfriend and son helps in the way that they aren't seen in public as often, so Namjoon hasn't had to worry about anything himself, at the moment.

Jimin and Jin's relationships are so up in the air even the rest of us have no idea, much less fans and the media.

With mine and Jungkook's relationship and Roxy and Hoseok's relationship, we both have decided to take a break because both Roxy and I have been facing the most scrutiny from media and toxic fans.

For me, the old photos resurfaced and some media outlet was able to dig up more dirt about me when I used to work at the law firm. Luckily, they haven't been able to uncover too much like my current whereabouts, but there's no way I want them to find out about my job at Gloss Advertising. I've been incredibly happy there and if that gets taken away because of information about me being spread, I would be devastated.

Not, only that, the fear I had of my home also eventually being revealed came back to me as it initially did when my old coworker, Brooke, first leaked those photos back in October. Since, Melina is in LA half her time, and in Seoul the other half, we agreed to have Gabby move into Melina's old bedroom while Melina keeps her office as her own room when she's in town. She knows I don't like to be alone and Gabby has been unhappy with her roommates for a while, so it works out perfectly.

The idea of sasaengs or media finding out where I live would break me. I couldn't bare losing my home.

Jungkook knows these issues coming back have been affecting me yet again, and he's noticed since the problem resurfaced, I've been pushing myself away. He knows how my anxiety and the depression attached to it gets the best of me. So, around last month, he was the one to suggest a break only if I wanted it, but he stressed that he'd be there a hundred percent when I'm ready. He made it a point to clarify he doesn't want the break but wants what I feel is right for me. And, fuck, it means a lot to have him be so understanding.