6. Just Trying to Be Friendly

18/06/21

"Good Morning, Jungkook!" I say cheerily to the maknae, who seems to be the first one here. He appears to be the only one in the room at the moment. I peruse the table of food that has been prepared near him. "How are you feeling?"

"Morning, Sarah. I'm a little hungover, but I'll get through it," he answers, sounding groggy and looking exhausted.

"So, how was last night?" I ask him, in a teasing voice, as I join him on the couch he's sitting on, in the suite that their company has for them while everyone is staying at this hotel in Busan. It's an area where the men can all congregate and have meals and where they would get ready for hair and make up for any interviews or appearances they have set up while they're in town. Yoongi invited me, via text, to join him, Melina, and the rest of the guys for breakfast.

It's currently 7:30am on a Friday. The plan is for the boys to practice more since tomorrow is their first Muster concert of the year. Melina and I are doing more sight-seeing during the day and spending one-on-one with my best friend is much needed. After that, we plan on coming back to the Muster location to watch them finish up rehearsing. Then, Yoongi, Melina and I are going to have dinner with Yoongi's family. Melina is a nervous wreck, but I know his family will adore her. I have no qualms about it.

I didn't drink as much last night since I wasn't planning on getting trashed. But, poor Jungkook looks like he had a few too many.

"How was what?" Jungkook asks me, in a slight indignant tone, which throws me off.

"I meant how was the rest of your night after we all left the club? Must've been a good one. Serim and Kyungsoon's friend, who was all over you, is a total babe. I assume you left with her," I say to him. Yes, he and I had a fling, but it's been three months and I've moved on. I actually feel great about Jungkook and I being friends. And, hey, I'll treat him like I treat my other friends. I'm uncensored, but I realize if he's not comfortable talking about this kind of stuff with me, I obviously won't push the subject, "You know what, sorry I asked Jungkook. I don't want to pry into anything personal."

"But, why would you want to know about me and that woman?" He asks me in a confused tone.

"I was just trying to have a conversation. As a friend, I hoped you got lucky, that's all," I tell him honestly. I talk like this with my best guy friends, Will and Kelen, all the time.

"What? It wouldn't bother you at all to hear if something happened between me and Munhee?" He mutters, while looking at me skeptically.

"Why would it?" I ask back, wondering why he's so shocked.

"Because of our past?" Jungkook tries to clarify what he's asking me.

"What do you mean? Our fling from March? That was one time, Jungkook. We already discussed that night was in the past. We're friends now!" I say this to him, adamantly, hoping he knows that I'm not at all bothered with him being with other women. People have flings all the time. Yes, I was attracted to him. I mean, he's a stunner, obviously. But, he made it clear that he can't be in a relationship, and I can accept that. I'd rather make this friendship work if that's all that can come of us, and that is perfectly fine by me.

"So, you're not even slightly jealous?" He questions me as his brows knit.

"Why would I be?" I counter back, questioningly.