39. Catching a Break

*Warning: Mature content ahead. Please read at your own discretion. 🔞

*********

16/12/21

It's been some time since I resigned from the law firm. The media attention has died down, though according to Jessica, there are still outlets who show up to try to coax out information about me from her and my other coworkers.

Luckily my old coworkers and the company have my back and will not reveal anything, and I appreciate that so much.

I also know that I'll be safe to go back there someday, but during the weeks that I have been out of the office, I've been relentlessly searching for other jobs, and I've been looking at positions that are in a field where I'm much closer to a more creative atmosphere.

I have two major leads so far. The first possible job is working as admin for a video game company. I had an interview with them yesterday and I'm confident that I killed it. And, today, I'm having a formal interview with the CEO of the advertisement company that Beth's husband works for, Gloss Advertising.

I honestly have high hopes for this position because I would be a Junior graphic designer, which would mean I get to actually put my creative skills to use.

It's almost 8am which is when my interview is scheduled to happen. I am currently sitting in the lobby of the company building, doing some low-key breathing exercises to calm my nerves.

I, all of a sudden, get a text notification from Jungkook, a person who has been cheering me on and supporting me in this whole process of trying for a new start in my career.

Seeing his text gives me a boost of confidence. I try to text him a quick reply knowing that I'll be called on by the HR manager anytime soon.

And, as I called it, a minute after I sent out the text to Jungkook, the HR manager comes to greet me and she leads me to a conference room to meet the CEO and one of the supervisors of the department I would be working under if I were to get the ...

And, as I called it, a minute after I sent out the text to Jungkook, the HR manager comes to greet me and she leads me to a conference room to meet the CEO and one of the supervisors of the department I would be working under if I were to get the position.