25. Past, Present & Future

07/08/21

It's been about a month since the little misunderstanding with the media leaking photos of Jungkook and Bora. Both of their companies were able to clarify to the public that they are just colleagues and there is nothing going on between the two of them. Most ARMY and the fans of Bora's group, have accepted the announcement, but there are still others who are convinced they really are involved. But, people can believe what they want to, I suppose.

A couple nights after my mom first FaceTimed Jungkook, with me, I received the two packages he sent me. The first package was a Tinytan Mic Drop Jungkook plushie. I squealed and cracked up when I first took it out of the packaging. And, you better believe I cuddle with that thing every night. The night I received it, I sent Jungkook a selfie of me cuddling with the plushie in my bed. He wanted the picture as his lock screen photo but I told him he can at least put it as his home screen picture. I told him I'd be paranoid if he left his phone lying around and that it would be worrisome if someone random were to find it. He said that was a good point, and that since he keeps his phone locked, having the picture as his home screen is fine with him.

The other present he sent me is a necklace custom-made for me. It's a silver necklace with a silver paint palette pendant. The pendant has three stones on it to represent paint colors. There is a sapphire stone that represents my favorite color, blue. There's an onyx stone that represent Jungkook's favorite color, black. And, he included an amethyst stone which represents our shared favorite color, purple. Seeing the necklace made me so teary-eyed because I just couldn't believe he put such thought into something like this.

After I had opened the packages, I immediately tried to FaceTime him and I was thankful he was free to pick up. When he first saw me on the screen he got worried because I was crying. But, when he found out it was because I received his presents he wanted to make sure I liked them. I told him they were perfect. He explained to me that the doll is to be there in his absence and the necklace is because he knows of my love for art, which is a love he shares, and he said he had to incorporate our favorite colors.

I told him I'd wear it all the time, and honestly? Since I've received it, I wear it almost everyday to work. I adore it so much.

For the rest of July, everything went smoothly with Jungkook and I being consistent with text messages. We FaceTime each other as much as possible, but not daily, because sometimes our schedules keeps us from doing so. But, he's made it a point to try to at least speak on the phone, even if it's only for a couple of minutes, or we leave each other voicemails if the other is asleep or busy. In a way, I feel comforted by even just a simple voicemail. It shows he's putting effort and that's means a lot.

Yes, I have been one to say that long-distance relationships is something I never thought I could handle, but so far, I've been really content. Why? It's because I'm doing this long-distance venture with someone who actually really has come to mean so much to me. He's impacted me and influenced me in such positive ways, that I can safely say I'm content with what we have at the moment.

During the last weekend of July, one of our attorneys threw his annual summer soirée to show his appreciation to all the staff. This particular attorney is the one who happens to be friends with Josh. I was hesitant about attending, knowing he'd most likely be present. After the last time he had texted me, I replied to him telling him that I'm currently seeing someone. He simply answered back with a text saying that if it doesn't work out, he'll be there. After that, I deleted his number because even if it doesn't pan out with Jungkook, I don't think I'd want to go back to having random flings with Josh.

I had mentioned the party to Jungkook and decided to be open with him and told him how I used to have flings with Josh, but that the last time we did have anything was a couple months before Jungkook and I slept with each other in March. I informed Jungkook that I let Josh know that I'm pursuing a relationship, but, I was still worried about crossing paths with him. Jungkook asked me if I had feelings for the guy and I told him, with all honesty, that there are absolutely no feelings that I harbor for Josh. Let's face it, Jungkook is the only one I care about and my feelings for him have deepened.