32. The Crazy Bunch

02/10/21

"Babe, you look like all the wind has been knocked out of you! Take deep breaths! You'll be fine," I try to tell Jungkook with a soothing voice, as we both get out of my car that is now parked in my mom and Greg's driveway.

"I can't help it! I'm just nervous," Jungkook admits out loud. He walks behind me, as I head towards the front door. We stand there, now side-by-side, waiting, with me holding the pecan pie Jungkook and I made last night, since it's my mom's favorite. Jungkook is carrying a twelve-pack of my step-dad's favorite beer, Pacifico. With my free hand, I rub Jungkook's muscular, but tense back, hoping that it would help soothe him a little bit.

It's currently Saturday, in the early afternoon. I can feel the anxious energy radiating off Jungkook. It's kind of adorable how nervous he is about meeting my family, but I have no doubt about my parents adoring him.

The front door swings open and we are met by a man who looks like a cross between Hulk Hogan and Chicken Little.* He's a tall built man in his late 50s, with a gray slicked back ponytail, a handle bar mustache, and wire-framed eye glasses. He's donning on a Hawaiian shirt, denim shorts and Birkenstock sandals. His physical appearance screams intimidating but his attire and aura says welcoming.

This is my beloved step-father, Greg.

"Hello, young ones! Come on in!" My step-dad joyfully greets us and stands to the side to let us into the house. My dad and I give each other a hug as I head on in with Jungkook right behind me.

Once we are in, Jungkook speaks up.

"Hi, sir. I'm Jungkook. It's nice to meet you. Sarah told me about your favorite beer and I thought it would pair well with lunch and dinner."

"I'm Greg, it's nice to meet you, son. And, you know just the way to my heart, Kid!" Greg grabs the 12-pack of Pacifico carefully from Jungkook and pats him on the shoulder. "Come follow me, Jungkook. Let's head to the kitchen so you can meet Sarah's mom."

When we get to the kitchen, I see my mom fly right over to me to give me a hug.

"Hi, sweetie!" My mom greets me, holding me in her arms, and I hug her back.

"Hi, Mom," I say, following it with kissing her on the cheek.

She quickly pulls me away from the hug and turns directly to Jungkook.

"Jungkook! It's finally nice to meet you in person!" My mom, says cheerfully, walking up to Jungkook and grabbing his hands in hers and gives them a welcoming, gentle squeeze.

"Hi, Mrs, Pfeiffer. I'm glad to finally be back in LA to meet you and Mr. Pfeiffer!" Jungkook replies, matching my mom's tone.

"Oh, please call me Brenda and my husband Greg!" My mom suggests kindly to him, to which Jungkook beams at her.

~

My parents, Jungkook, and I have all been sitting outside in the patio, chatting about all sorts of topics, ranging from what Jungkook does as well as my parents sharing things about themselves to Jungkook. And, they're definitely was no shortage of embarrassing stories about me when I was growing up. I wasn't a fan of the stories, but Jungkook seemed to enjoy hearing them and it was pleasant to see him comfortable around my parents.

About fifteen minutes after we finished having lunch out in the patio, we all of a sudden hear the sliding door from the kitchen open up.

Behold, my twin step-sisters, Chauntelle and Stacy are here.

Now, I love my sisters and all, but I know what is going to happen once they spot Jungkook, since they are both huge ARMY members.

They're both going to lose their shit in 3,2,1...