12. Making Banana Pancakes

25/06/21

It's Friday morning, at 6:30. I'm in the men's dorm kitchen, just finally gathering all of the proper ingredients and supplies to make banana pancakes. I thought I'd get all the stuff out and prepare it all before waking Jungkook up. He just looked so peaceful in his sleep. Plus, he's been running himself ragged from working so hard and not getting enough rest. I just thought he deserved a little more shut eye.

Jungkook has been pestering me about how he really wants to try my banana pancakes that I was supposed to make for him back in California. So, last night, before heading back to the dorm from the gym, we stopped by a market and Jungkook and the driver quickly went in and got all the ingredients that I texted to him while on our drive there.

"Sarah, what are you doing? Are you starting without me?!" I unexpectedly hear Jungkook's voice behind me and I turn to him.

"Jungkook! You startled me!" I tell him, feeling super jumpy with him suddenly popping up in the kitchen. I continue to speak, "I didn't want to wake you so soon since you looked so happy in your sleep. I was going to wake you just now since all the ingredients and equipment are set up! Did you get enough sleep, by the way?"

"I did! We didn't fall asleep that late last night, and I slept really well! I feel well-rested! Anyway, I want to learn how to make the best banana pancakes from the master," he states rather excitedly. I couldn't help but giggle at how cute he just sounded.

"I wouldn't say I'm the master, but they are pretty amazing," I inform him.

"Then, let's make some pancakes!" He cheers, flashing me his bunny smile. Ugh, he needs to stop being so cute, I swear!

"I like how excited you are, Jungkook,"
I say, as I giggle, "Anyway, let's start with mixing the ingredients that I placed next to the blender."

By the appliance, I placed the necessary amount of bananas, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, butter, and eggs that we needed. We both step up to the blender and I start handing him ingredients and he would throw them all in the blender. As soon as all the contents are in, Jungkook puts a lid on the pitcher and turns on the machine. After a while of watching the ingredients blend, I tell Jungkook to turn off the blender.

"Perfect, I think it's all blended perfectly," I tell him, "Now we need to mix up all these dry ingredients into a mixing bowl."

I walk over to that side of the counter where I had placed a mixing bowl, all-purpose flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I start throwing all the dry contents into the bowl while Jungkook stands behind me, observing.

"Sarah, what do you need me to do?" He asks me for further instructions.

"Jungkook, bring me the blender pitcher so we can pour that mixture into the mixing bowl," I instruct him.

"On it!" He says in a lively voice as he walks over to grab the pitcher. He returns to my side.

"Jungkook, you do the honors and pour all that into the bowl," I tell him as I point to the pitcher.

"It will be my pleasure," he says in the most adorable gravelly voice and follows it with a smile. Stop making me melt, Jungkook. It's really not fair!