41. All I Want For Christmas

25/12/21

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

Buzz buzz buzz

I wake up to Sarah's phone going off. Being groggy and half awake, I mindlessly look over to her phone to see a text notification from AJ.

I've heard Sarah mention AJ a lot when she told me about her first few days at the advertising company. She also told me about how her old coworker, Beth, tried to fix them up together in the past. She mentioned it to me because she didn't want to keep any sort of information from me. And, I appreciate how open she is with me.

As I listen to the shower running in the bathroom, I can't help but continuously stare at her phone. Every part of me knows it's wrong to look, but a part of me is curious to see what this guy had to say.

It is Christmas and maybe he's just being a friendly coworker and wishing her a good Christmas.

I say 'fuck it' to myself and pick up Sarah's phone and open the message.

As I'm finishing reading the text, I didn't notice Sarah walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her

"Babe, is that my phone?" she coolly asks me.

"Yeah, sorry. I thought it was your mom or dad," I answer, feeling guilty with just the little white lie coming out of me.

"Sure, Kook...who was it?" She gets close to me and I hand her back her phone.

"Your supervisor," I tell her, as I watch her read the text.

"Oh, I see," she says after reading what her supervisor had sent her.

"Is something going on with you guys?" I ask her. As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I realized I should've thought about it before asking her that question.

"What?!" She looks at me, incredulously.

"I don't know. I just...I know your old coworker tried to fix you up with your supervisor. He might have a thing for you." I shrug as I tell her my thoughts out loud.

"What does that matter?" She looks at me, still with disbelief on her face.

"I mean, you're technically single." I honestly state. It's been bothering me that we still aren't officially back together.

"Jungkook, what the fuck?! Nothing is going on with AJ and I. He's like one of my bosses and that would be highly inappropriate. Do you honestly think I would involve myself with my supervisor?" Her face starts to look more disappointed as she stares at me.

"I don't know, Sarah. He's a successful man and the text sounds like he really likes you around." I explain my thought.

"He just wished me a Merry Christmas, said he wished I joined the company party last night, and invited me to a gathering where other coworkers will be present. You think he's trying to get into my pants?" Her voice comes out scathing.