24. Mom's Seal of Approval

10/7/21

It's Saturday, noon time. Here's to another much needed weekend!

After my kickboxing class, I rushed home to shower and put some fresh clothes on. I threw on a baggy black t-shirt which happens to be Jungkook's. Why do I have it? Well, he admitted that he snuck it into my luggage the night before Melina and I left Seoul. Yes, it's the shirt he was wearing right after the last Muster concert, unwashed when he shoved it in with my belongings. He said he wanted me to take something home that reminded me of him. Such a thoughtful goof ball, but that sweet side of him is definitely one of the many qualities I like about him.

I will admit it did take a while for me to wash the shirt because his scent lingered on it and it gave me comfort. But, eventually, I did wash it because it's a comfy shirt and I'm putting it to use!

I paired his shirt with black denim shorts, while French-tucking the shirt in. I threw on black slip-on Vans before stepping out.

I'm currently on the road, heading to my mom's house in Orange County, where she lives with my step-dad, Greg. I consider Greg to be my true father, not by blood, but by his presence most of my life and he has always been an amazing father-figure to me. The last time I saw my biological father was a slightly traumatic experience, back when I was still in third grade. At that time, he and his new wife would have me every other weekend, which eventually dwindled to less time. One day, after school, this man made arrangements with my mom to pick me up so I can have dinner and spend some time with him and his wife. I guess there was miscommunication because after they took me out to dinner, they took me back to the after school program (which is a day care for school-aged kids) at my school that I usually go to since my mom and Greg work late. But, my mom assumed my biological father was taking me back to my mom's house after dinner. Needless to say, my biological father dropped me off at the after school program. When it was way past 6pm, after operating hours, the staff had to call my mom to pick me up. She arrived seeing me distraught because I thought I was forgotten, which made my mom extremely upset. After that, I never saw my biological father again. I never asked because I know we're better off without him. And, Greg has been nothing but a supportive dad to me. Sure, the absence of my biological father has had a negative impact in my life, such as making me not handle it well when I'm feeling abandoned or not fully trusting people. But, what can I do? I just try to get through those feelings.

The night I saw the leaked photos, Monday night, my mom, Brenda, happened to have texted me, which is a normal. She likes to text me to check in once in a while and bug me about visiting her. That night, amongst all the texts from Jungkook, I happened to see that she texted me, and it was as if it was a cue for me to call her. I was in bed, after Melina had helped get under my covers. I was still crying hysterically, but I needed my mom at that moment.

My mom and I have a strong bond. When I called her, I bawled on the phone, and she did what she knows best- she just comforted me with her soothing voice. She didn't ask questions and said when I'm ready to talk, she's there.

Yes, I'm a grown-ass adult woman crying to my mother. But, besides Melina and Gabby, she's the one person who really understands me.

When my tears had subsided, she asked me to come over during the weekend if I still needed some comforting before getting off the phone with me. I'm better now, especially since everything is clarified with Jungkook. But, I miss her and thought it would be nice to spend quality time with her and Greg.

It only took a little over a half an hour to arrive at my mom's house. As I'm parking in front of the house, I turn down the volume of my music, since I had "The Purge" blaring through my car speakers.