16. Texts And Thoughts

28/06/21

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the captain has turned off the 'Fasten Seat Belt' sign, and you may now move around the cabin. However, we advise and recommend  keeping your seatbelt fastened while seated." I listen to the flight attendant's announcement in English after having gone over the spiel in Korean, while sitting comfortably in my seat.

Melina and I are sitting in first-class. I wasn't planning on sitting so comfortably in this section of the plane, but, last night, Jungkook had taken it upon himself to book and cover the expenses before informing me. I had asked him to search for the most immediate flights and text me links while I was in Melina's room, comforting her. But, instead he texted me all the flight information he had after he made all the arrangements on his own.

I will say that it's incredibly sweet of him to have gone out of his way and it was so thoughtful, but now I owe him. I even told him that and he said there's no way I was paying him back. Well, we'll see about that!

Now, that I'm able to use my phone, using wi-fi, I turn on my phone to several iMessage notifications. A couple of them were from Yoongi, asking me to make sure Melina gets a proper amount to eat and to just look after her. I actually appreciated receiving those texts from Yoongi because it really shows how much he cares for Melina. I really do hope things work out between the two of them.

Some messages were from Gabby asking me to keep her posted and such. I had called and texted her about everything that went down, and she's planning to pick us up when we get to LAX. We also are planning a much needed girls' night to cheer up Melina the best we can.

And, of course I received some messages from Jungkook. We were texting while I was in the airport but it seems he's messaged me a few more times while I was boarding the plane and preparing for take off.

 We were texting while I was in the airport but it seems he's messaged me a few more times while I was boarding the plane and preparing for take off

Ugh, must he really send me a selca of him in bed?! I don't want to miss him...but I can't help it, I do. At least he's messaging me and keeping his promise of remaining friends and communicating. We'll see how long he'll keep this up with me, though. He's a busy guy and I feel like our friendship might eventually fade due to his crazy schedule and the distance between us. But, I guess I'll enjoy it for now.

 But, I guess I'll enjoy it for now