Chapter 47- Okay, That's Cool

"So did you actually do it?" Daiki asked as I muttered Stella Ella Ola. The thumb war started as I said ' the toilet ever flowed'.

"What?" I asked, "and you know we're supposed to count before starting to kill each other's thumbs."

"I mean, did you actually find a family?"

"Yeah," I stated, trapping Daiki's vicious thumb under mine, "one, two, three!"

"Like, how?" Daiki sighed, "and do you have any idea of what's going on with your mom in America?"

"Yeah, she's in a coma," I informed him, digging through my bag, "ohhh! A sandwich with Nutella!" I grinned, "want a half?"

Daiki grabbed my hand as I raised the sandwich up, lowering it. 

"What?"

"She got a stroke or a heart attack or got hit in the head, I don't know,"  I shrugged, "I got a call in the middle of the night and didn't really care."

"Does your... uh, dad, knows?"

"No."

Daiki stared at me for a moment, before his mouth opened slightly, as though he just realized something. His dark blue eyes examined me for a moment, "was that night by any chance the night in which you disappeared and one before you broke up with Akashi?"

"That fucker is the one who dumped me," I said calmly, "and yes. It was that night."

"He doesn't know it," Daiki stated.

"Nope."

"Does anyone know?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Have you been plucking your eyebrows?" I asked, sitting on my knees and trailing my fingers over it. He swatted my hand away.

"Yes, Momoi decided I need it." He looked to the side, annoyed. His eyes suddenly got serious again, "am I the only one?"

"Yes."

"Why?" he wondered.

I shrugged, smiling. "You are my best friend. I may hate you, but I still love you the most."

"Ew."

"Oh my God, yes, ew." I agreed. "Let's go."

"Yeah." He agreed.

•••

"I WIN!" I announced loudly, "haha, Momo gotta move."

"But Mai--"

"A bet's a bet, Satsuki." 

"But but but but but but but but but," Momoi went on for a while and I almost felt for her. But I still won and got the seat.

"Momo, I can't sit with them," I begged her in a whisper. Her pink eyes looked between the two assholes, back to me and Daiki.

"Fine," she gave in.

"I LOVE YOU!" I called loudly, hugging her. She stumbled down and fell to the floor. "LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU."

"Carry on, please," Daiki stated, sitting down. She pushed me away.

"DAI-CHAN!"

I was left alone on the floor as Momoi went ahead and took her stuff. I found myself looking at the ceiling when a serious life question escaped my lips.

"How in the hell did gums managed to get to the ceiling?" My eyes widened as one seemed to slowly fall down, "dodge!" I called, rolling underneath my desk. Not Momoi's desk. Mine.