♣ Day 24 - Favorite Anime Hero Or Heroine ♣

Day 24 - Favorite Anime Hero Or Heroine

Tohru Honda

I think I liked Fruits Basket so much because it's a goofy, light hearted anime that's really just a deep, sad one underneath.

However, the presence of Tohru as the protagonist makes the anime enjoyable―her constant cheeriness may seem annoying to a watcher, but really, it's her way of making others feel happy and trying to cope with the loss of her two parents. She's been through a lot―more than a kid should be through. That's what I admire about her, no matter who puts her down, or insults her, and no matter what struggles life throws at her, she still remains strong and optimistic, always finding empathy for everyone around her.

Her selflessness overcomes her naïvety, so her gullible actions don't really bother me. She's just being herself.

Chihiro Ogino

Bah, from one of my favorite animated films of all time, so this is pretty obvious. Spirited Away holds a special place in my heart, and with the strong willed heroine in it, it just makes the movie magnificent.

At first, Chihiro is seen as a stubborn, difficult girl, but when her parents are transformed into pigs, she quickly becomes a relatable and selfless girl willing to do anything to get her parents back.

Her kindness can be frequently seen throughout the move, from letting No Face into the bath house, and caring deeply about Haku when he is injured (seriously wtf those two are immensely cute). Denying the gold No Face offers also symbolizes her lack of greed and selfishness.

Spirited Away is an amazing master piece, so the awesomeness of Chihiro crafts the movie into an inexplicably gorgeous film.

Rin Okumura

Blue Exorcist is one of my favorite mangas, and the anime makes it into an amazing animation. Rin as a hero to our story makes the unique plot what it is.

He's hotheaded, but funny and empathetic, and he has the constant reminder he's the son of Satan, so I don't blame him for his reckless actions. He's just a teenager who's trying to fit in True Cross Academy.

For that, I love his cheerfulness and humor. He's an amazing hero of Blue Exorcist  (ノ)´∀`(ヾ)