♣ Day 20 - Favorite Anime Of Characters Attending High School ♣

Day 20 - Favorite Anime Of Characters Attending High School

Blue Exorcist

Rin and everybody attending True Cross Academy is what makes the series . . . the series. Blue Exorcist is a wonderful anime―the graphics are excellent, and you can really feel the characters' emotion through the seiyuus and animation. I love the music, especially, and the action and storyline is original and non-cliché.

Combined with humor and heartbreaking moments, and a school that teaches its students how to exorcise demons, it's a heart warming anime ♥

Bakuman

Did you guys know that the word "baku" in Bakuman has several different meanings? It means bakuhatsu, "explosion", bakuchi, "gamble", and baku, an animal that supposedly eats dreams.

Despite these meanings, Bakuman is still a fun title, and will forever be a favorite in my heart. Akito and Moritaka have determination, and strength―despite their losses, they still will themselves to become the greatest mangakas of all time. Even in high school, they sacrifice a lot just to make a full drawn oneshot worth forty pages of manga. They lose sleep, grades, and trust, and yet they still manage to keep their dream alive.

That's why I love Bakuman. Its amazing characters.

(And humor. The facial expressions are fucking hilarious xD)

I especially love the line Akito says to Iwase in volume two―when she says he'll regret becoming a mangaka, and he says,"I'll regret I never tried!"

Comedic yet truly inspirational :3

Ouran High School Host Club

A funny, light hearted and heart warming anime. Did you guys really think I would forget about OHSHC?

It's a must watch for all anime lovers. Being one of my first animes, it holds a special place in my heart.

All the characters are beautiful in their own way―I wish it never ended, but that's a story for another time.

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

Ah, the pool boys return. I love sports animes, (Haikyuu!! and Kuroko No Basuke, anyone?) but I chose this one specifically for a reason.

It's not just a slightly fanservice-y anime about hot guys in competitive swimming. The backstories are complex, and well thought-out, each of the boys going through some kind of trauma to get to this point in life.

And the anime also teaches its watchers to never give up, and don't hold a grudge for losing. Haru even said it himself:"I swim because of my friends." It's the fun and teamwork that counts in the sport, not victory.

But the humor also plays a special part in the anime too. Nagisa proves more than just to be comedy relief, but his childish cuteness definitely makes the show worthwhile!