Reunited

"Aye Mo, you and ya' dude go come through da crib ta'night?" August asked through the phone. He's been bugging me to come to this party he's having at his house and I honestly don't know if I want to go.

"I don't know Aug, Brandon is working tonight so he can't come." I said. Brandon is my boyfriend's name.

"Den fa'get him, don't let him stop you from having fun." He replied. I contemplated on whether I wanted to go or not. I haven't been out at a long time and I could use some fun. What the heck, a couple of hours won't hurt.

"I guess August. I can't stay long though, I have a hair appointment in the morning." I said.

"Aight. Bring some of ya' la' girlfriends fah' me then." He said in his thick NOLA accent, causing me to laugh. He's been in Virginia all these years and he still sounds like he's fresh out of New Orleans.

"The only friend I have is my hair dresser and she's happily married with three kids and she's like almost twice our age." I replied. Its true, Karmen is in her early forties.

"Nevermind, I can't fuck wit ha' if she got kids." He said.

"What about the fact that she's married and in her forties?" I asked.

"Married ain't nuttin' but a word and age ain't nuttin' but a numba' Mo." He said, chuckling. I laughed to, August is a fool.

"Whatever August, I'll see you tonight." I said, hanging up. I know he's probably going to get on my ass for hanging on him but oh well, he'll get over it.

It was already 9 and the party was starting at 11 so I decided to go ahead and start getting dressed.

I looked in my closet to choose something to wear. I was planning on chilling and not mingling with anyone I didn't know, so I'll just wear something simple. I put on a lace body con dress that was see through and some black jimmy choo's. I also put on some clear MAC lipgloss, a gold MK Rollie and grabbed my black MK bag. (Monique in MM) After I was satisfied with my outfit, I headed to August's house. I knocked on the door and waited patiently for him to answer. When the door swung open, I expected to see August but I was met with the hazel eyes of a petite female. She was like an inch taller than me.

"Hi, are you here for the party?" She asked.

"Yes, where's August?" I asked.

"In the living room with the rest of the guests. He hired me for the night to open the door. Come on in." She said with a reassuring smile. I smiled back and stepped in the house. She led me to the living room, like I didn't already know where it was at. Oh well, I guess she was just doing her job.

"Hey sis." August said, standing up from the couch and giving me a hug.

"Hey, where is everyone?" I asked, after I realized there was only about 20 people sitting around in the living room.

"Its only 10:50 and I told everyone to start arriving at 11." He said.

"Oh okay. Well I'm going to go put my purse upstairs." I said, heading towards the stairs. When I got to a guest room, my phone started ringing and I fished through my MK to find it.

"Hello?" I answered, with out looking at the caller I.D. as usual.

"Hey baby." Brandon's voice rang through my phone speaker. I'm surprised he even found time to call me while he was at 'work' supposedly.

"Hey." I said.

"What you up to?" He asked.

"Nothing, I'm at August's house." I said.