𝗾𝘂𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿

Layla's life was a mess

Layla's life was a mess. Robby wasn't talking to her, she's starting to fail school, her dads threatening to pull her out of karate if she's get done more F, so she needed to find a tutor. Fast. She wasn't going to ask her best friends, because that was embarrassing. In a way, going to a teacher for extra help was embarrassing as well. Yet they always tell you it's ok to ask for help. In Layla's opinion, asking for help was embarrassing. Teachers don't get it. That's why bullying starts. It takes one small comment for shit to hit the fan.

Layla was practicing her kicks when someone tapped her shoulder. "Eli? Demetri? You guys came?" She asked embracing them in a hug. "Eli here told me to come." Demetri said pointing over to the shy boy next to him. "Let's just give it a chance. You saw the fight. Lay and Miguel kicked ass." Layla wrapped an arm around Eli. "That I did. Although it was only a few kicks and hits, I still kicked that ass." Layla smirked. Sensei tried talking over the chattering teens but that really wasn't working.

"QUIET!" Sensei screamed causing everyone to snap out of what they were just doing. Layla flinched back and let out a shaky breath. "Does he do that a lot?" Eli asked his friend. Layla nodded. "Better get used to it. One time I tried telling him how women aren't whiney and he yelled that in my face." Layla explained shuddering at the memory.

"Face front." Layla straightened out her gi before facing front along with the other students in the dojo. Johnny then started walking around the students in the dojo. "Nice shirt." He complimented.

"Thanks." Demetri said, thinking he was serious. "I'm joking. It sucks." Layla had to hold in her laugh as she didn't want Demetri to think the insult was funny. "Word of advice. If you got shit for teeth, don't smile. God, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you. When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds. I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out. But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles," He looked over to Layla, Aisha, and Miguel who were all standing together. "So maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!" The kids looked confused on what to do so Layla backed up to help Eli and Demetri who looked like they had no clue on what to do. Sensei explained how they needed to get into lines and they nodded before doing just that. Except they did it wrong again. Layla rolled her eyes and pulled Eli and Demetri out so they can stand as they should be standing.

"No, not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines!" Layla scoffed. "Get in rows, people!" She exclaimed.

Sensei put his face in his hands and Layla did the same.

After karate, Layla was called into her Sensei's office.

"Shorty McShortcakes, sit down." He instructed. Layla looked around the room and furrowed her eyebrows. "There's no chairs. You threw the last one at Miguel last week, remember?" Sensei sighed.