𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿:𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗼𝘀

this chapter takes place during season three!!

Layla Carter loved Christmas with all of her heart

Layla Carter loved Christmas with all of her heart. Everything about it was just so festive and happy. The decorations, the music, the presents, everything was just perfect. Even though she never really got much during the holiday season, Layla never complained and was always grateful for what she got. Maverick tried his hardest each year to give his daughter the best Christmas possible and Layla acknowledged that every single year.

But this year was different. A lot of crazy shit went down, some good and some bad. The good part was that Layla found out she had a half sister (who was hilarious), Maverick finally settled down and found himself a girlfriend (who was gorgeous and Layla honestly hoped they didn't break up any time soon) and everyone was kinda sorta back together again. Robby was now fighting with Cobra Kai along with Tory. However Layla tried to ignore the fact that one of her first friends were no longer fighting by her side and focus on the festive holiday season.

Layla spent about two hours decorating her room for Christmas, not taking any breaks in between. One of her favorite traditions during the holiday season was decorating. It brought her a great sense of comfort. Sometimes Maverick would help, other times he would pass out on the couch from wrapping all of their presents. Each year Layla made a note to take a picture of him so that they could laugh about it later.

This year on Christmas however Layla woke up to her Christmas lights shining brightly above her. She turned on her side to see it was 10:30 in the morning, around the time Layla usually woke up. Growing up she was never one of those kids who got up at the crack of dawn to open presents. She realized how hard her father worked throughout the year to buy her the gifts she wanted so her little gift to him was allowing Maverick to sleep in and get some extra rest.

Layla rolled out of bed and checked her phone, seeing about a dozen text messages from the Miyagi Fang group chat wishing each other a Merry Christmas. Layla of course texted back before exiting her room and making her way over to Leilani's. For some reason she expected Leilani to be wide awake and full of energy like she always was. But when Layla found her still passed out, she walked over to shake her sister awake.

"Merry Christmas." Layla whispered quite loudly.

Leilani rubbed her eyes before opening her phone and checking the date. "Oh shit."

"Did you forget?"

"Demetri and I stood up all night talking on the phone. My mind sort of blanked out. But Merry Christmas!" Leilani jumped up to tackle her sister in a hug. Layla laughed at this before pushing her little sister off of her and adjusting her Christmas pajamas. The two were matching, thinking it could be a cute tradition they could start together.

Leilani was now full awake and wishing the Miyagi Fang group chat a Merry Christmas. Layla on the other hand stepped out of her room to view the Christmas tree which had about more then a dozen presents at the bottom. Like usual, Maverick out did himself. Speaking of Maverick, he walked out of his room along with Quinn and Leilani.