𝗯𝗮𝗱 𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘀

"Isn't this exciting? We're all back training together

"Isn't this exciting? We're all back training together." Leilani mentioned, a wide grin on her face as she stretched. Currently everyone was at Miyagi Do, getting ready for their first official lesson since the tournament. Layla was excited but not excited at the same time. Excited since she missed karate, and not excited since she was way out of shape. She couldn't even remember the last time she worked out. Layla also wasn't too fond of having to train with Sam again, since that would probably turn out to be the most awkward thing in the universe. But Leilani was genuinely excited about being back in the game, so she had no choice but to act the same way.

"I have to say I feel the same way. I missed you in leggings." Demetri commented, pressing a kiss to Leilani's cheeks. Layla and Eli's face turned into one of disgust while Leilani just blushed a deep red. Layla despised being single with a burning passion, but Sam was the one who broke it off with her.

"Forget that. You and Sam are back in the dojo. Game on, right?" Eli asked Layla who only rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, game on for karate."

"Oh come on, I see you staring at her."

"No. Sam's staring at Miguel. This isn't good. He's trying to get back in the game! Layla!" Leilani exclaimed, shaking her older sisters shoulders. Layla pushed her off, not even bothering to acknowledge what she said.

"Hang on now m'lady. I thought you agreed to keep things platonic?" Demetri mentioned, turning towards Layla with a confused look.

"Yeah well, she did. She didn't." Leilani replied. Both her and Demetri threw an arm around Laylas shoulders causing her to just purse her lips and nod.

"Yeah well, you know what they say: Put a box of matches near some fireworks, soon enough....sparks will fly."

"Oh hell no." Layla mumbled, pushing both teens of of her once more. The last thing she wanted to talk about was her and Sam's relationship. Even if Sam woke up one day and wanted her back, Layla would play extremely hard to get. She forgave too easily. No more.

"Something tells me it's aging to be the Fourth of July. Robby and Miguel? Layla, you're letting these nobody's flirt with what's yours!" Leilani nodded her head towards Robby who and as walking towards Sam.

"Can't believe that piece of shits on our team." Eli commented.

"No, we love Robby now. He sat through all the Twilight movies with me." Leilani argued.

"Hey! I stood awake through all of them!" Demetri pointed out, throwing a protective arm around her.

"Yeah, but Robby didn't complain when I suggested it for the first time. He—" Leilani didn't even get to finish what she was gonna say because Sensei Chozen whistled loudly, gaining the attention of all the students.

"So where are my dad and Johnny?" Sam questioned, Layla nodding in agreement. Maverick was also supposed to sit in and just listen, seeing what was going on.