𝗰𝗼𝗯𝗿𝗮 𝗸𝗮𝗶 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀

Maverick Carter walked inside the school building hoping to see his daughter there

Maverick Carter walked inside the school building hoping to see his daughter there. But she wasn't there. "The hell?" He muttered to himself looking around. He walked around for a bit, trying to find her.

"Excuse me, have you seen my daughter? Layla Carter, curly hair, Shes black?" Maverick asked Daniel LaRusso. "I'm sorry man, I haven't. You could try the gym." He offered. Maverick nodded and kept walking around hoping to find her. He stopped when he found Eli and Demetri. Maverick had met them before, because Layla was talking to them when he picked her up. He walked up to them.

"Excuse me? Hi, I'm Maverick. Layla's father. Have you seen her? She's not picking up her phone, and I can't find her." Maverick pleaded. "I—I don't know. She went inside the boys locker room to help Miguel, but-"

"Did she come out of the boys locker room?"

"No, I'm sorry." Eli answered. Maverick cursed under his breath. "Shit. Thanks, kids." He tried calling his daughter again but it went straight to voicemail. Where the hell could she be? She couldn't have went home, because she wanted Maverick to come and get her. That made no sense if she went home. He went inside the boys locker room to see what he could find. Blood. Someone's blood was on the floor. "No. No. No no. Layla!" He called walking around. Still no sign of her. Maverick groaned and ran to his car. If she wasn't home, then he had no choice but to call the police.

"Please be home please be home please be home." Maverick silently pleaded as he got out the car once he got home. He unlocked the door and barged into her room. "Layla!" He yelled. "I'm not playing with you Layla! Come out!" Nothing. No sound was made from inside the house. A knock was heard. Maverick sprinted to the door.

"You better have a damn good—Layla!" Maverick yelled. Johnny Lawrence had Layla Carter in his arms, barley conscious.

"I-I don't understand, what happened?" He breathed taking his daughter from Johnny. "She tried to help a kid at school. Got hurt in the process. I'm sorry, Mav." Layla was stirring awake and Maverick looked down at her.

"Thank you. Thank you for bringing her home, man." Maverick said not taking his eyes off his daughter. "It's no problem." Johnny responded. Maverick closed the door and set Layla on the couch.

"Dad." She croaked. "I am feeling a wave of emotions right now. I'm angry, because you were acting so stupid to get into a fight, relieved, because you're home, and sad, because you look fucked up. Why'd you do that Layla? Why'd you put yourself in that situation?" Maverick questioned. "Because no one else would," She responded. "I had to do something dad." Maverick rubbed his temples. "You did the right thing Layla. You just gave me a heart attack." Layla sighed.

"I'm sorry dad."

"There's nothing to be sorry for sweetie." He responded kissing her head.