𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗼𝘀

"I'm refusing to accept the fact this is really happening

"I'm refusing to accept the fact this is really happening." Maverick stated, sitting across from Chozen at the LaRusso dinner table. It had been a week since Daniel got his ass beat by silver, a week since Maverick got the phone call from Silver, and now here they were. Maverick, Johnny, Chozen, Amanda, Sam, and Layla. An odd group to say the least, but they were the only stable ones at the moment.

"Mavericks right. It's been a week. The longer we wait—" Johnny started before he was cut off by Chozen.

"We must let Daniel-San heal."

"Chozens right. I wanna do something too, but we can't just go after Silver without—-"

"Dad." Sam spoke, everyone's head snapping over to Daniel who had walked into the room fully dressed. He wasn't thinking about going to work after everything that happened, was he?

"Johnny, Maverick, what're you doing here?" Daniel questioned.

"Figuring out how to make Silver pay for what he did to you."

"What's with the suit?" Amanda muttered.

"I can't wear my pajamas to LaRusso Auto, can I?"

"You're going into work?"

"Daniel San, we need to make plans—" Chozen added.

"Guys, I appreciate the sentiment. I do. But I'm out of this whole thing with Silver. If he wants the Valley, he can have it. I'm done with karate." Mavericks jaw visibly dropped at Daniels words. He was quitting karate and giving up? Now of all times? A few weeks ago Maverick would've been ecstatic, seeing as this whole thing was being dragged out. But now he just felt guilty. Guilty that he wanted Daniel to give up after he was only trying to do the right thing.

"Done with karate?" Layla repeated, now jumping into the conversation. Layla practically forced Maverick to bring her along, even knowing that Sam was most definitely gonna be there as well. But they stood feet apart, not even bothering to make eye contact with each other.

"I am giving up. Trying to go toe-to-toe with Silver was a mistake. It almost cost me my family. I'm not making that mistake again." Daniel stated.

"Daniel, we're with you. You don't have to stop fighting." Amanda argued.

"Yes. I do. I became a sensei to help kids. Instead, I'm making everyone's life worse."

"This is the mentality Silver wants you to have, man. You did help kids." Maverick said. Layla nodded in agreement, moving to stand behind her dad.

"Want me to make a list of how many ways they're hurting because of this, including my own daughter? Ask Robby how much I've helped him."

"Robby forgives you. He forgives all of us. He told me so himself." Layla mentioned. Daniel ignored her, already starting to make his way out of the door.