𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁

Layla Carter let out a loud groan as she heard her alarm clock go off

Layla Carter let out a loud groan as she heard her alarm clock go off. She turned over and tried to ignore it, but that idea failed when her father came into the room.

"Rise and shine Layla! It's the first day of school!" He enthusiastically said while shutting off her alarm clock. Her father was way to happy when it came to school. He didn't even get to finish school because he had Layla.

"I don't wanna go dad. Please don't make me." Layla begged slamming her head onto her colder pillow. Maverick simply ripped the sheets off her body and let out a laugh.

"Come on Lay! You got school today and you damn well know that!" Layla groaned. She learned a long time ago not to argue with her father. So she rubbed her eyes and once her vision cleared she could see clearly.

Her dad was a very handsome man. Woman have tried to date him loads of times, but he always declined saying he was trying to find the right one. What he meant was he still didn't get over the departure of Layla's mother. Neither did Layla.

"I'm up. I'm up." She muttered stumbling over towards the bathroom. She let out a long yawn and stepped into the nice hot shower. For some reason Maverick always hated when the bathroom got all steamy. Layla argued that that's how you were supposed to take a shower and not all cold. After about ten minutes Layla shut the water off and wrapped a towel around her body.

Maverick was cooking breakfast in the living room and didn't even glance at his daughter once because he knew she just got out of the shower. Layla loved how Maverick was a respectful and never really invaded his daughters privacy.

"Dad said I need friends. What outfit screams, 'hey I wanna make some friends?'" She looked through her closet and bit her thumb in annoyance. She finally found an outfit and pulled in out grinning.

"Perfect." She muttered showing it off. (Image above). Layla only really wore black. Nothing to bright. But her dad was right. She needed friends. Once she went to college it was going to be even harder to make some new friends. So she might as well try now. After she got dressed she decided she was going to do her hair and makeup after she ate.

"Good morning dad." Layla greeted sitting down in her chair. Now that she was fully awake she could pay more attention to her dad. "Morning sweetie. Looking good for your first day." Layla shrugged and looked down.

"I wanted to try and make some friends today. Like you said before." Maverick nodded. "No pressure. If you don't want or need friends, then I can't force you to make them. But if you really want friends, I'm happy for you." Layla cracked a grin and took a bite out of her waffles. If there was one good thing Maverick was good at, it was cooking. Most definitely. "Woah, you don't wanna choke there." Maverick laughed.