𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹

Layla felt as if she was just born to suffer

Layla felt as if she was just born to suffer. For half of her life she didn't know her mom and was living in poverty. When her mom did come back, she made her life a living nightmare. Layla was also bullied for her race and sexuality, and the only way to escape it was to join karate. Oh! Not to mention Layla fell head over heels for a girl who just kept breaking her heart again and again. Her mind kept telling her to just stop dragging herself into relationships and to take time to herself. But her heart just kept pounding for Sam Larusso, who had just dumped her for the millionth time. The first few days Layla cried and cried until she passed out from exhaustion, and the next few were just filled with bitter anger. Anger because Layla pretty much would give her life up for Sam and kept getting betrayed. Anger because she should've listened when her mind kept telling her it wasn't smart to get into a relationship.

Everyone was doing their best to help Layla, but nothing was really working. All Layla wanted was to be left alone. But no one was giving her what she wanted, which made her even more mad. It was a typical Saturday morning, with Layla laying in her bed in a starfish position. Leilani barged into her room, Maverick following close behind.

"This—-This is just sad." Leilani commented, pointing a finger at Layla who just rolled her eyes. Leilani always had something to say lately. It was annoying.

"Very sad." Maverick agreed, shaking his head.

What's sad is that you're being dragged around by Daniel LaRusso to handle his problems Layla wanted to snap back but instead she kept her mouth shut. She couldn't risk getting grounded during summer vacation.

"Come on Layla, you can't sit here and whine about the girl who broke your heart a thousand times!" Leilani exclaimed.

"Right. I went through that once, not a good thing. What you need to do is get up, and smile."

"Smile. Because I wanna smile about the fact my girl dumped me. How nice!" Layla snarked.

"I'm trying to be nice here!"

"What you're doing is not helping. Can I be left alone now? You two are bothering me?"

"Bothering you? Watch your tone before I watch it for you." Maverick warned, going into full "dad" mode. Layla had seen this side once or twice, and it wasn't pretty at all. Leilani's jaw dropped and she crossed her arms over her chest, taking a huge step back. Layla just sighed and shook her head, sitting up and leaning against her headboard. Maverick and Leilani moved to lay beside her, both of them resting their heads on her shoulder.

"Why is it always us, you guys? We're all terrible in relationships. Dad, you're just now finding someone who truly loves you for you because you were terrified of getting fucked over again. Leilani, all of your past boyfriends used you for sex and money. And me. Me, well, there's a lot going on with me. For starters my girl cheated on me with my best friend, then we got back together, then had a fight, and then broke up. We're all horrible!" Layla mentioned.