19 | Señorita

PLAY THE MUSIC, BUT NOT ON THE LOOP.

-A CURSED CHILD-

─────

- FLASHBACK -

"I'm truly sorry for your loss, your grace. Your father will rest in peace," the lower-class nobleman bows to fifteen-year-old Jungkook.

Jungkook nods, avoiding eye contact, and the nobleman hastily retreats in fear. Jungkook walks through the dimly lit corridors of his mansion, the moonlight casting eerie shadows around him. He became an earl at a tender age due to his father's untimely death, burdening him with responsibilities he never sought.

His trembling fingers grasp the doorknob, unlocking the door to his chambers. He despises everything that has befallen him.

Inside his room, memories of his father flood back:

"Son, I'm sorry for ordering the men to eliminate your family. It was the king's command, to erase all trace of the plague. I had no choice..."

"Don't worry, son. Even if you don't grasp the ways of nobility, I'll guide you."

"You must wield a sword like this, my little one. That's it! You're doing great!"

"No, you don't need anyone to depend on. You're strong. You can do this."

"I'm giving my best, but if you ever crave a mother, I'll remarry after being widowed, for your sake. So you'll have a mother."

Jungkook can't contain his anguish any longer. He shrieks and overturns the table in his room, sending vases crashing to the floor in a cacophony of shattered glass. He rips the curtains down and hurls the table at the window, shattering the glass.

As the room descends into chaos, he clutches his hair in frustration, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Your grace, are you al-" A concerned servant enters, immediately bowing.

"Get out," Jungkook mutters, not turning around.

"But-"

"I SAID GET OUT!" He finally yells.

Jungkook slams the door shut after the servant leaves, sliding down to the floor. He leans against the door, arms wrapped around his knees.