27 | Wrecking Hope

-BUDDY-

─────

FLASHBACK 1950s

Jungkook wears a beaming smile as he enters the venue where the party is in full swing. He looks around, taking in the lively atmosphere and wanting to make the most of this evening. Although he's inexplicably happy today, there's a tiny sliver of unease in the back of his mind. He chooses not to dwell on it, determined to enjoy the festivities.

The dance floor is filled with people dancing joyfully in groups, and couples twirl around with bright smiles on their faces. Women don dresses that fall to their knees as they gracefully move to the music, their partners beaming beside them. Jungkook, dressed in a stylish suit with a long coat, knows that he might meet his friend, who has recently become a mayor.

The thought brings a smile to Jungkook's face, and he feels genuinely happy for his friend. However, in the midst of the crowd, his gaze locks onto a stunning woman. She wears a vintage hat and a brown dress, adorned with a delicate necklace around her neck. She chats with a man beside her, her smile radiating warmth in the bustling atmosphere. As she looks down to play with her necklace and then turns to respond to someone else, Jungkook watches her, captivated by her beauty.

A smile grows on his face, and he wonders if he's infatuated or...

Shaking off the thought, Jungkook turns on his heel and walks outside the mansion, his hands casually tucked into his pockets.

"Jungkook?!" His friend's voice calls him to a halt.

"Jungkook, where were you going? I was just waiti—" Jungkook immediately turns around and envelops his friend in a warm hug, patting his back affectionately.

"Congratulations, Harris," Jungkook says with a smile, holding his friend tightly.

"What, you trying to crush me?" Jungkook quips, still embracing his friend.

Harris chuckles, "Thanks, buddy. You're a kind and sweet man. Thank you for being my friend."

- END OF FLASHBACK -

───────

"Ladies and gentlemen, shorties and tallies, all of you who have been patiently awaiting this magnificent night—are you ready to meet her?!" A man's voice booms from a stage, his face radiating excitement. The room, an opulent mansion adorned with stunning red lights and spotlights scattered throughout, is packed with elegantly dressed guests, many of whom are not just ordinary people but well-known figures in their respective fields. They hold glasses of champagne, wine, and various alcoholic beverages, eagerly anticipating the moment they've been waiting for. Tonight's celebration marks the arrival of a rising fashion designer, someone who's quickly become a star in the fashion industry, and the atmosphere is electric.