24 | Deer On The Run

KEEP THE LOOP AND VOTE

-AN UNDEAD CREATURE-

─────

- FLASHBACK -

Jungkook sits on the ground alongside Namjoon, a perplexed expression on his face. His confusion is evident as he questions the circumstances surrounding his transformation into a vampire.

"How do you know the attack was on purpose?" he asks, his voice laden with curiosity.

Namjoon immediately calls for Jin, who walks in holding a map and settles down on the floor to explain. He starts by acknowledging the difficult truth Jungkook faces: "See, you have been turned into an undead creature. A vampire. I know it's hard to accept it, but it's the truth."

Jungkook frowns, struggling to grasp the gravity of his situation. "But why me?" he wonders aloud.

"We don't know that," Jin replies, his gaze focused on the map in his hand. He proceeds to shed light on the mechanics of how humans are turned into vampires through a specific bite, mentioning the magic that exists in a vampire's blood and fangs. "The maid didn't just bite you for blood . . . She turned you on purpose."

Jungkook's frown deepens, and he starts to absorb the gravity of the revelation.

Jin continues, explaining that there's an enemy among them, an adversary that remains hidden. "The maid wouldn't have been in her right mind or there would be a different reason like she would have been compelled by someone to do that."

Jungkook listens attentively, his mind processing the information.

Finally, Jin presents Jungkook with two choices, giving him the autonomy to decide his fate. "It's your life. Your decision. We will accept it. What will you do? Let your enemies roam in this world like they didn't do anything wrong and die, or live and find them even if it takes centuries."

Jungkook responds, his voice tinged with a mixture of fear and determination, "I don't want to die. I have worked hard just to live."

Jin and Namjoon both smile, seeing the spark of resilience in the young vampire. They offer him the opportunity to join their group, assuring him that they'll support his quest to find his enemy.