26 | Best friend's sleepover

-BLOODY INVITATION-

─────

FLASHBACK 1950s

Sunlight bathes the sky, casting a warm glow over the scene. People stroll leisurely with their friends and families, while others engage in heated disputes, their businesses faltering due to the imposing figure blocking their way. The early morning exudes a captivating beauty, though it holds a peculiar charm for the man positioned outside a house, his hat perched atop his head.

The man tugs his hat lower to shield himself from the relentless sunlight. A change of plans becomes imperative under the oppressive sun. His business may be at stake, but the man can't help but chuckle. Despite his aversion to the sun, it invigorates him, breathing life into his being.

"Sire!" A man hurries towards Jungkook, who remains concealed beneath his hat.

"Yes?" Jungkook responds with a cheerful and radiant smile, though he doesn't recognize the man. What could be the issue? Perhaps he's an acquaintance from his business circles. Jungkook has recently taken an interest in the business world, struggling to find motivation. Yet, he reasons, what is there to lose? He'll embark on a fresh endeavor—one that piques his interest.

"The person you endorsed has been elected as the town's mayor. You're invited to a celebration," the man says, handing over the invitation with trembling hands.

Jungkook accepts the envelope and then turns to the man, extending a warm smile. "Please take care of yourself. There's no need to toil so arduously."

The man pants, nodding in agreement, his fingers inadvertently touching his nose. He feels moisture, and when he inspects his hand, he's startled to find blood staining his fingertips.

"B—Blood?" He stammers, realizing the toll his strenuous work has taken on his health.

Blood...

Jungkook's attention is instantly captured; he instinctively turns away, concealing his face with his left arm.

"W—What's wrong, My lord?" The man inquires, his gaze innocent.

Jungkook waves the envelope, indicating that the man's task is complete. He swiftly pivots, opens his house's door, and slams it shut behind him.

The man gazes at the door, his brow furrowing. What could have triggered such a reaction in the lord? Has he inadvertently committed an error?