25 | Cafe Romance

-DREAD OF LOVE-

─────

- FLASHBACK -

"Hyung?" Jungkook asks while perched on a mountain, his knees pulled close. It's early morning, and they both witness the stunning sunrise before them. The verdant mountains blend beautifully with the rising sun, painting a serene scene.

"Hm?" Namjoon hums, his gaze fixed on the captivating sunrise.

"What about the position of an earl, property, and father's business?" Jungkook inquires, his tone tinged with concern, as he takes in the picturesque view.

Namjoon turns to him slowly, his expression thoughtful. "You have to leave it all behind, Jungkook. If you don't, people will discover what you are, and they'll try to kill you."

Jungkook nods slightly, his gaze shifting to the grass beneath him, lost in thought.

"Don't worry about those things. They'll pass on to someone else, and I assure you they'll safeguard your father's legacy. It'll be theirs to protect," Namjoon reassures him in a soft voice. Jungkook turns to him, his eyes shimmering with a tear.

"What if you and Jin Hyung... What if you both..." Jungkook's voice quivers, and a tear rolls down his cheek. He quickly wipes it away, his gaze returning to the captivating landscape.

"We won't, Jungkook. Don't worry," Namjoon assures him with a warm smile, knowing that Jungkook has just revealed his curse.

"Hyung, I am... scared," Jungkook confesses, his vulnerability exposed.

"Why?" Namjoon inquires gently, giving Jungkook the space to share his fears.

"What if I fall in love?"

- END OF FLASHBACK -

─────

Namjoon enters the house, noticing Taehyung sitting on the ground. His eyebrows raise in curiosity. When he sees both Taehyung and Jungkook, their eyes filled with tears, he immediately understands that something is wrong. Taehyung avoids his gaze, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand.