20 | Illusion

NO LOOP FOR THE MUSIC AND VOTE

-SORCERERS WORSHIP THE DEVIL-

─────

- FLASHBACK -

Jungkook stands in an open field, facing a noble family who kneels before him. At just 17 years old, he bears the weight of a difficult decision. His gaze shifts to the people bound in ropes before him, their faces etched with fear.

A man hurries toward Jungkook, approaching with an air of authority. "Your excellency, the king's orders are to kill the sorcerers. Now," he declares with a bow.

Jungkook sighs, torn between duty and empathy, and his eyes shift back to the family before him.

"Please spare my children! Please! I am begging you. They didn't do anything. It was my fault. I did the magic. I did all of the witchcraft..." pleads the mother, her voice trembling with desperation.

Jungkook turns his gaze to the king, seated on his imposing throne in the open field, visibly reveling in the sorcerers' torment.

"Kill me! Not my children... please," cries the father, grasping Jungkook's foot desperately.

"The witches worship the devil! They should be burned alive! And then they go to hell, where they belong!" a voice from the watching crowd declares loudly.

Jungkook turns and fixes a stern glare on the outspoken man. He then walks toward the king, kneeling before him in a last plea for mercy.

"The children are innocent, your majesty. I advise they shouldn't be killed," Jungkook implores, his voice tinged with desperation.

The king's gaze bores into Jungkook. "They are witches. They have witch's blood. They. Should. Be. Killed. Or are you going to disobey me, Earl?"

Jungkook bows his head, grappling with his conscience. The memory of his father's words echoes in his mind.

"You can't be safe if you don't follow the responsibilities of an earl, son. If, by any chance, I am not there, do whatever the king says. Or you won't only get yourself into trouble but the other people that are involved with you. The king is stubborn. He does what he wants to do. He won't back off. If you won't do something, it'll be done by someone else's hands, but after you are dead... Remember this."