049

June 6th, 1991
SEATTLE WASHINGTON

-

"No! As you're boyfriend I won't let you come. Trust me. What if something happened while we were there? Huh?" Dave said while rummaging through things trying to pack up for his trip to Van Nuys.

"And what if something happens here and you're not even there with me?" I whined back.

"You've got almost 3 months left... well, you know what I mean. I'm sure you'll be fine. Courtney isn't going she'll hang with you. You'll have the whole house to yourself." Dave said zipping his suitcase. I couldn't argue with him anymore... he'd always win.

"Fine. Whatever." I said dropping the conversation at its current point. I walked out of the room and to the living room to see a car waiting outside, with Kurt and Chris in the backseat. Guess he really was leaving me..

"I've got to go, Dani and if anything does happen. Call me and I'll drop whatever I'm doing and come home." Dave said pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." I said as he exited the front door. I walked out on the steps as he walked to the car. Sitting there seeing him go filled me with that familiar feeling of loss and disappointment.

"Be careful!" I called as he opened the door.

"I..." my words were stopped when the car door slammed shut before I could finish my sentence, "love you..." I pointlessly finished before walking back inside with tears in my eyes. What was I gonna do for 2 months by myself....

-

June 9th, 1991
SEATTLE WASHINGTON

-

It had been maybe 2 days since Dave left. What have I been doing? Sitting on the couch watching Beverly Hills 90210 with my baby boy having a dance party in my stomach. I just didn't want to be pregnant anymore. I hated it more than I've ever hated another thing. When I heard the wall phone start ringing, I tiredly walked over to it and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked leaning my head against the wall.

"Hi, Danielle! It's Court, look, Kurts out of town as you know and I don't have much to do tonight. Would you maybe wanna have a movie night, or something like that. Have a bit of a getaway day from all the shit in our lives." Courtney asked. I was so relieved and happy when I heard her voice.

"Court, that's sounds amazing. Of course I do. When can you come over?" I asked.

"Whenever! But if you have things to get done I can wait for whatever time."

"Nope! I've been pretty lazy today... so you could come on over whenever you feel like it." I smiled.

"Cool. I'll be there in at least 15 minutes." She added.

"Sounds good, Court. I'll see you later." I said hanging up the phone. I miserably walked back to the couch and sat there with a terribly bland expression on my face.

-

"Dani? I brought some stuff!" I heard Courtney enter the house. I got up to go see what she was rambling about. She had a liter of Pepsi in one hand and a pizza in the other.

"Oh god, I love you!" I squealed as she set them down on the counter and pulled some plates out of the cupboards. I was pouring the soda into cups when the phone rung again.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Dave. I just got back to the hotel and was thinking about you, so I thought I would just call you and see what's up...." he trailed off with his tone sounding off.

"Nothing much. Courtney's over... we're watching Beverly Hills 90210." I giggled seeing her put pieces of pizza on two plates.

"Oh, so you two can gawk over Jason Priestley... I get it. Well, listen, I won't bother you too much. But I love and miss you, Dani." Dave said.

"I love you more, Dave. And I miss you tremendously." I said with a soft tone. Courtney made a joking kissy face at me making me roll my eyes.

"I know ya do. Well, I'll talk to you later, Dani. Bye bye." Dave said before drawing it out and hanging up the phone.

"So cute. Literally. Now let's relax. It's well deserved." Courtney said following me to the couch where we switched on the TV and began forgetting about any problems we ever had. I never did like Courtney at first, but I felt like she was misunderstood. She's helped me tremendously, and I could see why she might me a little crazy and annoying to everyone else. But I couldn't feel that way. She was there for me through everything that happened between me and Dave. She never disappointed me.

"Courtney, I just want to say that I really appreciate you. You've been there for me through everything, and you're still here. I don't know how I can—" I was cut off.

"Oh, shush! You don't have to repay me for anything. I love you, Danielle. I've never had a friend like you that even gives me the time of day. It goes both ways!" She put her arm around my shoulders. I always seemed to complain about what I didn't have but I've forgotten about the amazing things I did have.