041

March 3rd, 1991
SEATTLE WASHINGTON

-

Today was the day. After almost 3 dreadful months I'd finally be seeing Dave again. I felt so terrible and.... Dave-sick when he was gone. And I'd finally be able to pick him up from the airport and he'd be staying with me again. Finally. I couldn't describe the feeling I had inside as I drove in Annie's car to the airport. Pure excitement and nervousness. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over at the speed I was going. I swerved into the parking lot and then quickly walked inside and dodged through the every person trying to get to the baggage claim.

I brushed my knees off and straightened my hair with my fingers and waited for Dave to walk out. His flight landed at 3:35 and it was now 3:55 he had to have been coming soon. I was so fidgety I couldn't stand still. My cheeks became red and my heart beat sped up once I saw Dave. It was even better than I'd hoped. I didn't expect anything to change about Dave but when he stepped into my vision... I noticed something. He was wearing a different outfit than he normally did, some basketball shorts with long underwear underneath them, and a blue crew neck sweater. His long hair was cut to his shoulders. It made me fall even deeper in love.

His eyes met mine and his beautiful, bright, wide smile appeared on his face. He basically pushed through everyone and ran straight through the airport over to me. My arms stretched open and in a instant I was picked up off the floor, trapped in a hug by Dave.

"Oh, god, Dani. I missed you so much, you don't even know. Don't. Even. Know." He mumbled against my neck before kissing literally every inch of my face. I couldn't even get a chance to reply.

"Right back at ya, sport." I said with such excitement my voice pitched. He set me down on the ground but didn't give me much time before trapping me in yet another hug. This time kissing my neck. I buried my face in his shoulder taking in every ounce of him. I'd missed this so much.

"Look at your hair, Dave!" I complimented running my hands thought it, "do you like it?" He asked me with a faint smile.

"Hate it. It sucks." I joked. Dave raised his eyebrows with a fake frown before softly and playfully pushing my shoulder.

"I love it!" I exclaimed standing on my tippy toes to kiss him once again. Dave wrapped his arms around my waist and rocked back and forth holding me. I basically couldn't breathe but it was so worth it.

"Let's go home. I've got a surprise for you." Dave said grabbing his suitcase and rolling it out the front doors. We hopped into the bar and I drove him back to Annie's house. Thankfully she let Dave, the person she seemed to dislike the most stay at her house for tonight.

-

"Hey!" I called into the house. Annie came out from the living room with a poise look on her face. Her and Dave made eye contact for a second before she stuck her hand out to him like they were just meeting.

"Alright, Dave. I'll make a deal with you. I won't act like a child if you won't." Annie sternly said. Dave gave her a quick sarcastic look before shaking her hand, "deal." He repeated. I felt some comedic relief at the two. Annie looked away with her arms crossed.

"Okay," I clapped my hands together obviously enthralled by the conversation, "Dave, let's get you all settled in, huh?" I asked dragging him to the room I've been staying in. Dave set his suitcase on the bed before a very serious look spread across his face.

"Okay. Remember the surprise?" He asked. I nodded waiting for him to go on, I could tell he was nervous, "I know how much you hate staying in hotels, and I know you like being on the road with me. It's... um pretty hard to say this. But.... we're gonna be staying in Washington for probably the rest of the year." He said. That made me raise my eyebrows....

"Really? Why?" I asked. There's no way they'd just stay in Washington. They'd run out of places to play for.

"B-because in June... we were thinking about recording a whole new album." Dave said. I smiled with proudness.

"Really? That's amazing!" I said with a big wide smile. Dave nodded before continuing the "surprise"

"So.... in the amount of time. It would be silly to keep getting hotels all around Washington. S-so I did some looking and called some people. And... I, um, bought a house a couple minutes away from here." Those words hit me like a bus.... was he- was he- was he asking me to...... "and I was wondering if you'd do me the great honor of.... living with me?" Dave couldn't even make eye contact with me. I couldn't either. There's no way in fucking hell he just did that. NO FUCKING WAY.

"My god! Are you serious! You're not messing with me, are you?!" I jumped up and down from pure amazement. He shook his head with a smile. I basically screamed with excitement just making a complete fool of myself, "of course, Dave! Oh my god!" I trapped him in a hug.

"R-really? Dani, it'll be the best! I promise you." Dave said holding my face in his hands.

"I love you!" I exclaimed burying my face in him once again. I was gonna live.... in a house... with the love of my life. Which was something I've wanted for a LONG time.