021

March 5th, 1990
SEATTLE WASHINGTON

-

Danielle's POV:

All I could feel was a gut wrenching knot in my stomach once I woke up. I fell right back onto the bed and felt my happiness melt away. Dana, what could she possibly have that I don't? I never thought of Dave as that type of person. Maybe Courtney was right, after all.

Dave was fading away from me, and he didn't seem to care. Of course, the one boy I actually love has to fuck everything up. Because why can't I ever be happy. My tears stained my cheeks so much, my face turned white. I was pale and lifeless. Dave really cheated on me.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. Shit, who could possibly be here right now? Lifelessly, I dragged myself to the door and opened it weakly. My eyes widened only to see Kurt standing there with a bouquet of flowers. All of them Marigolds. I started crying again.

"Kurt, what are you doing here? You have shows and—" I was cut off immediately, "Dani, I had them reschedule. Dave's a jerk and you shouldn't have to live with that. I'm so sorry." He mumbled as a cigarette hung from his lips. I quivered my lip and set the flowers on the counter before hugging him so tightly he stumbled back a bit.

"Kurt, I can't believe it." I whispered crying into his shoulder. Slowly, his hand came up to hold my head softly. I was getting his jacket all messed up, but he didn't seem to care.

"Danielle. I'm really very sorry." He said again pulling me into a bigger hug. God, Kurt did so much for me that day. He took me to the city park. He took me to get ice cream. Kurt took my everywhere I wanted to go that day. The day he was supposed to have 3 concerts. Which he all rescheduled for me. I couldn't believe him. I had met him only 8 months ago, and I didn't really think he liked me as much as I did him. But, boy, was I wrong.

"Hey listen. I have a concert in Olympia tomorrow. Why don't you come with?" Kurt asked sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Oh, I don't know. Dave would flip." I said to him quietly. He scoffed before lighting a cigarette.

"You let him control you too much. Who cares what he thinks. You're my friend, and I can take you wherever I want and you can go wherever you want. You don't need his consent." Kurt sternly said to me. I never really thought of it that way. I guess I didn't need to care about what Dave thought. But, I loved him too much not to. So, I lied and agreed.

"Yeah, you're right. Okay, I'll come." I said with a smile.

"Good. I'll even pay for your hotel and everything. I just want you happy, Dani." Kurt said taking a drag. I grinned brightly at him and laughed.

"Thank you, Kurt. I really appreciate what you did for me." I spoke clearly. He nodded with a small smile and looked at the clock.

"I better make sure Courtney got here alright. I'll see you tomorrow, Dani." Kurt stood at the door with this cigarette between his fingers. I smiled shyly at him before he closed the door softly behind him. Feeling his presence leave shot through me with a bolt of white shivers. I couldn't help but think something was wrong..... I just didn't know what.

-
March 6th, 1990
OLYMPIA WASHINGTON

-

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Kurt asked me at the exit to the hotel I was staying at. I was going to his show with him. He was nervous that I might freak out if I saw Dave. But, honestly, I didn't care at this point. He didn't even have enough respect to break up with me formally. He just left it....

"Yes, Kurt. You and Courtney have been really helpful honestly." I said to them both standing next to each other. Courtney wasn't seeming like a bad person at this time. She'd actually been helping me quite a lot, "I'm sorry for giving you a hard time, Courtney." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it. Let's forgive and forget." She smiled widely. I agreed and walked out of the hotel and into the taxi cab waiting for us. I was gonna face Dave wether I wanted to or not. There's nothing he could do to me anymore. I just needed to tell myself that and I'd be okay. But, god, I still loved him so much.