019

OCTOBER, 21st, 1990
OLYMPIA WASHINGTON

"Danielle......" I heard softly. It was still black, and I was still asleep, but half awake. It was Dave in his sweet, soft voice. I felt my hair behind pushed back. My eyes finally opened up all the way to see Dave with a beautiful smile, softly waking me up. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Come on, we've got to go." He said pressing a kiss to my forehead. Oh, how I wanted to stay into this moment forever. But, I couldn't. I got to fly to England today and was excited as fuck. I've never been to anywhere out of the country.

Hesitantly, I sat up rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms out. Dave laid beside me, clothed in a new outfit and his long hair tucked behind his ears. It was almost 6:30, the flight leaves at 8:00.

"Hey." I mumbled tiredly to Dave who was on the other side of the room looking around for the room key. He hid it well, but I could tell he was a little stressed out. I walked over to the suitcase and picked out an outfit for today. I'm lazy as shit. So band t-shirts are my life.

"I can't find my black socks, have you seen them?" Dave asked searching down to the bottom of his suitcase. I looked around for a bit until I saw them thrown by the bedside.

"Yeah. There over there." I said pointing. Dave smiled thankfully and picked them up, "are you ready?" I asked zipped my suitcase up and pulled it beside me. Dave zipped his up too and pulled the handle bar up to roll behind him.

"Yep." He said before opening the door and walking out into the long hallway. No one was up at this hour it seemed. So, we had to be quiet. We checked out, caught a taxi and drove it to the airport.

"Whats up, guys?" Dave said to Kurt and Courtney waiting in the small blue chairs by each airplane terminal. Of course, she was coming. I rolled my eyes at the sight of her.

"Nothing much, man. Krist and Shelli should be here any minute." Kurt said as he momentarily took drags of his cigarette. Courtney would snatch it at times and take a drag herself. It only drove me to pull out my own.

Courtney was eyeing me like I was some alien. It was getting on my fucking nerves honestly. Her eyes made me mad, especially when they were watching me. She had the dirty look on her face, full of disgust. So, I glared it right back.

"I'm gonna run to the vending machine, Dave. You want anything?" I asked pulling a dollar from my wallet.

"Yeah. Just a Pepsi, please." Dave said kissing my cheek. Courtney was quick to stand up and scavenge a dollar from her pocket.

"I'll come too." She mumbled before we both walked over through the crowd, and to the machine.

"So... did you think about—-" Courtney started right away. I shut her up pretty quickly, "I don't think I want to talk about that." I snarled pushing the dollar bill in and pressing the Pepsi button. She sighed and waited behind me.

I grabbed my Pepsi and shoved right passed her knocking her into the trash can next to me. It made a big clash noise that drew a bunch of attention.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to really." I sarcastically said before walking back to Dave and tossing him a Pepsi. He looked to Courtney rubbing her hip by the trash can and giving him a dirty look.

"What? There were a lot of people." I mumbled before walking through long strip of space to the airplane. Dave didn't respond but placed a hand on my shoulder as he lead me down the row of seats on the airplane until it said our numbers. I took a seat next to the window of course. Courtney and Kurt behind us. Krist and Shelli beside us, a row across.

"I'm scared." I whispered like a 5 year old to Dave on the plane. I clutched the arm rest with terror seeing the big airplane wing from outside the window.

"Why?" He whispered back with a confused look. I shrugged before tugging on my lip with nervousness.

"I don't know. I've never been on a plane before Dave." I embarrassedly said to him. He sighed before pulling the window cover down.

"It's not scary, at all! You don't even have to look out the window if you don't want to." He smiled brightly at me. I brushed the conversation off and decided to suck it up. It just pissed me off that Courtney was behind me. Probably bitching about me.

-
OCTOBER 21st, 1990
BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND

The minute we got off of the plane and I stepped out of the airport, I nearly fainted. I'd never been out of the country and never to England obviously. It was so beautiful, and I just fell in love with it right away.

"Oh my god." I squealed tightening my grip around Daves arm. Shelli had a Polaroid camera in her hands and she took a couple pictures of the landscapes and tall buildings around us.

"Oh, Shelli. Can you take a picture of us?" I asked pulling Dave over in front of the sign that said "Welcome to Birmingham" on it. Shelli pulled the camera to her eyes and held her finger above the button.

"No, Dani. No pictu—" Dave started, "Please. Just smile, Dave. For me, for me, please?" I begged as Shelli waited to snap the picture. Dave sighed before wrapping an arm around me and smiling at Shelli.

She pressed the button and the white framed picture rose from the top. I pulled it off and started shaking it, waiting for it to develop. Kurt stood next to Courtney not saying a word. I could tell something was wrong, but he wouldn't admit it. To anyone.

"Kurt. Wanna take a picture with me?" I asked waving hi over. He shrugged with a nod and walked over to where I was. Dave kindly stepped out of the way. I wrapped my arms around his neck playfully from behind and Shelli snapped another one. He smiled for the picture, thankfully. That's all I wanted to see, him smiling.

"Thanks, Shelli." I grinned taking the second picture and shaking it. Courtney glared at me from the side but never said a word. Kurt didn't either, I didn't understand how they were in a relationship, but didn't seem to like each other too much.

"Hey, Danielle. What about me?" Krist whined from behind Shelli. I laughed before waving him over with a sarcastic eye roll. Shelli laughed as she took yet another picture of me and Krist.

"Okay, can you take one of us now?" Shelli asked her husband. He grabbed the camera as Shelli walked over towards me. I smiled as I hooked an arm around her neck. I loved taking pictures if you can't tell. And now I had four new ones to hang somewhere at my apartment back home.

"Okay, Dani. We've got to go, check in's at four." Dave said looking at his watch. I nodded and joined him by the taxi he called over and waved goodbye to everyone else. The pictures started developing and I just looked at them with happiness. My life really changed drastically in the last 8 months. I'd never even imagined being in this situation. I loved it, so much.