013

"your mother is downstairs."

FRANCONIA VIRGINIA
1989

-

"Mom?" Dave called into the house that we both took a step into. I closed the door behind us as Dave walked in further looking around for his mom. I followed behind hesitantly, watching him with no luck.

"Hey." A voice said from behind me. I turned around obviously a little spooked by the sudden noise and saw a girl maybe my age, or a bit older in front of me. My hand was over my heart.

"Jesus, you scared me." I laughed seeing her smile a little bit apologetically. Dave rolled his eyes walking over to the girl with a weird look, an annoyed, hateful look.

"Hello Lisa." He mocked with a petty wave. Lisa returned the mocking look at the waved the same way, "hello David." She said crossing her arms looking at me, waiting for someone to tell her who the hell I was.

"Lisa. This is my girlfriend Danielle." Dave laughed setting his hands on my shoulders. Lisa stuck her hand out politely, which I shook and then gave me a quick smile.

"I'm Lisa. Loverboys sister." She snarled at Dave who waved her off with that same look. I had a brother and our relationship was quite like there's, it was kind of funny. And Dave seemed to be looking for someone else.

"Lis' where's mom?" Dave asked quickly looking around, "upstairs doofus." Lisa made her way into the kitchen to continue something she was doing, "narcissist." Dave muttered making me laugh. I tried not to, but he was so petty and ruthless it was hard not to.

"Oh, David, hello! My baby." His mother said as soon as she saw him. She lovingly wrapped her arms around him, making him embarrassed as ever. I knew his look all too well. If only he knew how cute he looked. How goddamn cute.

She gasped, "and you must be Danielle. Oh, you're such a beautiful girl." Her arms naturally wrapped around me as well. I giggled and returned the hug without looking back, "you can call me Ginny, darling. Have you seen Lisa?" Ginny asked Dave. He nodded with an eye roll as his mother bumped his arm playfully.

"Alright you two. I'll be downstairs." Ginny sang as she walked down the stairs leaving me and Dave alone. I smiled a wide smile and crashed into him giving him a big hug. He returned in running his hands through my hair and pressing his lip to mine, which soon led to him kissing down my neck. Oh, shit. I knew where this was going.

"Dave your mothers downstairs." I scolded as his hands twisted around my waist pulling at my shirt.

"So?" He brushed in off before slowly setting me down on the bed of a guest room, "you'll just have to stay quiet then." He said in a different tone that I like a whole goddamn lot. I couldn't argue anymore but just melted into the bed letting him do whatever he wanted. I felt terrible doing it right above his mother, but Jesus Christ could he pursued you to do anything. It was hard not to just do whatever he said.

"Wait, Dave, this is wrong." I said lightly pushing him away, only a bit so I could face him. He frowned before tracing his finger along my jaw temptingly.

"Come on, I promise we'll be fine." Dave said, and without giving me a change to agree or disagree he kissed me. And I just went with it, I didn't know what was going on or why I just listened to him, but I couldn't say no.

"Okay." I softly said. I felt terrible, but I couldn't go against him. Whatever he said seemed to go.

-

"So, Danielle. Did you grow up in Springfield?" Ginny asked as I sat on the couch next to her. I nodded with a genuine smile on my face. She was so sweet and nice, I couldn't bare seeing her angry. It was almost impossible imaging her hurting a fly. She's so pure and sweet, just like Dave.

"Yes, my whole life." I said pulling at my jeans softly. She gave a warm smile in return as we both waited for Dave to come from downstairs. He was still getting ready for the day, while we were already finished.

"Dani, you coming with me to Joshes house?" Dave asked making an appearance in the kitchen. I furrowed my eyebrows together, not remembering the name Josh, but soon remembered him saying something about seeing his old friend.

"Oh, sure." I said standing up quickly and walked to get my sunglasses. It was quite sunny out, good old July. I honestly think it's the most underrated month, but maybe I'm looking to far into that one.

"Mom, we'll be back later. Josh just bought a lot of fireworks." Dave informed before we left the house. Jesus, I haven't lit fireworks in like 10 years. I never found a point to it....but hanging out with drunk people and watching things explode into the air seems fun for right now. Even though, legally I wasn't able to drink. But, I'd be the chauffeur for all the drunk-ies.