025

March 11th, 1990
VICTORIA CANADA
-

The next day didn't get any better. Dave didn't come back last night. At all, he wasn't even there in the morning. He was definitely with that fucking Dana girl. I knew it. I still felt like shit, looked like shit, and was throwing up every 2 minutes. I couldn't help but take into consideration that Annie was right, was I pregnant? I bought a test, but still haven't opened it. I couldn't open it. I was too worried. Worried sick. I guess I'd feel better once I found out, but I couldn't do it.

A knocked on the door sounded and I moped my way to the door only to see Courtney standing there with a smile.

"Hey. Kurt said you weren't feeling the best, I just wanted to check in on you." She smiled. I'd never really expected this from Courtney. But she seemed willing to help and since she was the only one that seemed to be there I gave in.

"Court. I think I'm pregnant....." I trailed off just wanting to get the word out. Her eyes widened with shock and she put her hand to her mouth.

"B-but Dave was just out with that other girl...." she trailed off just like me. I cleared my throat feeling the emotions flood back to me. Of course Courtney saw him with that girl. Of course. Just when he said he didn't love her, he somehow managed to squeeze her back in. I blinked back my tears feeling my knees fall weak.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Did you take a test?" She whispered sitting next to me on the bathroom floor. I pointed to the unopened box sitting on the counter. My head still buried in my hands.

"Listen. You have to take it just to make sure." Courtney said lifting my chin up. It took a lot of arguing before she finally convince me to take that goddamned test. I was so shaken up from this whole shitty situation, I could barely talk. It doesn't help that you have to wait three fucking minutes before the test reads.

"You look first." I said to her with my voice trembling. She sighed before taking the test in her hands and flipping it over. A smile appeared on her face. A big, bright smile. What did that mean?

"It's positive. You're gonna have a baby." She calmly said. My heart fell into my stomach. It fell so deep I could feel in sinking. I couldn't raise a kid, and how the fuck would I tell Dave. The dad of my kid is out with another girl while I'm sitting here wondering how the fuck having a kid is gonna work out. What the fucking fuck. I couldn't have a kid, I couldn't give birth. I couldn't do any of this shit.

It didn't help that I wasn't the tallest, or most developed person in the world. I wasn't big enough to hold a person in my stomach, everyone would agree with me. I'm by no mean skinny but my frame isn't the most proportional. In any way, shape or form.

"Oh, Court. How will I do this." I cried to her feeling the breathless feeling. She didn't know how to reply herself. I was more nervous about Dave finding out. He'd flip, he'd fucking flip.

"I don't know, Dani. But your gonna be a wonderful mom."

"Oh, I don't know about that. What if something happens to the baby?" I asked motioning to my body like it was some disgusting thing.

"You can't think like that. You're gonna be fine, kid." Courtney said before looking at the clock on the wall, "Dave said he'd be home at 7 right?" I nodded, "okay, I better leave. You keep your chin up and tell him when your ready. Fuck that other girl." In a flash she was gone. I stayed silent sitting on the bed, feeling myself drain out.

"Hey, babe." Dave's voice brought me out of my thoughts. He just walked through the door and sat on the edge of the bed seeing my angry face, his back stiffened.

"What?"

"What?! What, Dave? Are you actually gonna act like you have no clue why I'm mad at you?" I raised my voice at him making him flinch a little.

"I don't know—"

"Save it, Dave. Just save it. I can't believe after all the shit you've done and put me through in such a short period of time, you went back and did the same thing again," I began crying again, "get out. Go stay with, Dana. Leave me alone, and don't ever think about coming back." I said with a sharp tone. Dave scoffed before slamming the door behind him. God, I really just did that huh?