031

September 8th, 1990
TULSA OKLAHOMA

-

I had to talk to Kurt. It had been way too long since I last saw him. I cowered away from any chance to apologize and now was the time I was going to. In a few seconds I would be in the same room as Kurt. And I had to be strong about it.

"Hey, Dav— oh, hi Dani." Kurt stiffened at my sudden appearance. I cleared my throat thinking of the words to say to him.

"Hi...." I somehow mustered out. A relived smile appeared on his face, and it made me feel something too. Maybe I was overthinking this whole thing.

"How's it been going?" Kurt asked me after Dave let go of my hand and sat down smoking a cigarette.

"Good. Really good. Listen, Kurt, I'm so sorry for how I acted—" I began but was cut off.

"No. It was me, I wasn't myself that night. I shouldn't have put myself into your relationship like that...." he said with his eyes narrowing. I smiled lightly at him, I really did love Kurt.... he was the best friend from Heaven.

"It's okay, I shouldn't have snapped. You just wanted to help me, I'm sorry." I quietly said before he nodded in response. I made my way back to the couch where Dave was sitting.

Dave's POV:

I didn't bother to ask Dani what she and Kurt were taking about just a bit ago. I had just gotten done talking to our manager about the upcoming show dates and I was beyond excited. Dani had begged me to take her to the beach. She claims she "doesn't care where as long as there's sand and water" but I knew she wanted to go to Tampa Bay, Florida ever since she saw it on some TV show.

Good news is, tomorrow we'd be flying there. And what better time to tell Dani, she'll flip out.

"Guess what?" I excitedly said to Dani who had just taken a seat next to me. Her smile widened with anticipation and she muttered a what, "remember how you wanted to go to the beach? Or Tampa should I say." I built up her excitement.

"Yeah....." she trailed off obviously catching on.

"Well we're gonna go there tomorrow." I said to her. Seeing her face light up, and her smile widened by 3000% made me feel accomplished. I successfully made her happy, and that's all I wanted to do.

"No way! Really, Dave?" She stood up with excitement basically shouting her words. I laughed a bit, "shhhh. Yes!" I giggled at her enthusiasm.

"Oh my god, I'm going to Tampa!" She laughed before crashing into me with her arms tightly around my neck. Out of instinct, I picked up her legs and held her so she wouldn't fall. Her legs wrapped around my waist, and her head against my chest, "I'm so excited, Dave." She whispered before looking up to me and kissing my lips.

I took a glance over at Kurt who had a small, faint smile on his face as he smoked his cigarette.

"Hey, is Courtney coming to Florida?" I asked him setting Dani down. He shrugged nonchalantly before passing me a smoke and lighting it for me.

"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask her...." he trailed off looking passed me to Dani who was excitedly talking to her mom on the pay phone. It made me remember Dani saying something about him a couple months ago. How she said he told her something.....

"By the way.... Dani was pretty upset. That one night. I know she hasn't seen you in forever and you're probably over it, but what happened?" I asked him trying to come off cool.

"I was.... drunk. I said some things to her that I regret. I- I kind off just included myself into her miscarriage situation and she was just offended. I'm sorry, man." Kurt said with a bit of a tone shift. I was a bit mad that he even dared to bring up the miscarriage in front of Dani. But, he said he was drunk, and I've done stupid things drunk too. So I left it at that.

"That's okay, man. I was just wondering.... but I'm glad you two are okay now." I smiled before walking back to Dani who was still freaking out from excitement.