53. The Most Beautiful Thing.

Quinn

"She is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen" I said from my bed looking down at my beautiful baby girl. Puck and Mercedes had gone to tell the rest of the Glee Club the good news that Beth had arrived and was healthy. And mom had gone to hunt down a coffee and something to eat. Leaving Ryan and I in the room alone for a moment.

It was all so surreal.

She was here. Beth was here.

Finally.

Ryan was sat in the bed with me, hovering above me and watching her over my shoulder, playing with her tiny little feet.

"Just like her mom" He said and I turned to him with a smile. Before looking away. He caught my expression. "What's that look for?"

"I'm not though" I said looking down sadly at Beth in my arms.

"Quinn whether you give her up or not. You're her mom. Her biological mom. You always will be to her."

"But I won't be there for her first word, or her first step, or..." I drifted off. He knew what I meant. "I know its best for her... but ...I'm gonna miss so much" I said sadly again.

"Believe me, over the last near year...I know how hard that is" We both heard and turned to see that mom had returned from the hunt for coffee with her cup in hand. She walked over to us and took the chair on the left of my bed.

She just looked at us both.

"Look at you." She said looking at me. I motioned for Ryan to take Beth for a moment while I had the conversation with my mom. We'd seemed to pick up the 'hand off' pretty well. He held her for a moment with a smile down at her as she smiled back up at him. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of the two most important people in my life. I mean how could I not. He cooed at her before carefully putting her back in the clear basket at the side of the bed on the right. Giving her one of his fingers for her to try to grab onto.

We then both turned back to mom.

'You're so grown up." She said with a sad smile. "It's like I blinked and suddenly you're this incredible woman." She said to me with a smile.

"That she is" Ryan nodded next to me and placed his chin on my shoulder. Settling in behind me so I could basically use him as a human cushion. He didn't seem to mind, so I leant back into his chest as we sat there talking to mom.

"And Ryan" She said addressing him "I heard that you've been taking good care of my Quinnie here for me." She said looking guilty at him.

"She'll always have a home with me and my family" He said back to her. I smiled and pulled his arms further around me.

"And I can see that you two are..." She trailed off with a smirk. "Close..."

I smirked back and could feel myself blushing by the second.

"Mom!" I warned her. She put her hands up defensively.

"I'm not the one that decided to make out in a room full of doctors and nurses and more importantly... her mother." She said with sass at me.

I shook my head.

"We did not make out" I said outraged. I heard Ryan laugh behind me.

"Anyhow." She said with a smile. "Its about time." She said and we laughed again.

"So we keep hearing from people" I said with a roll of my eyes.

"What people?" Ryan asked from behind me, trying to see my face properly by getting closer to me. "Only my family knows, and I hardly think Puck classes as people" He said and I snorted at that.