52. Journey To Regionals.

Ryan

Ryan

I was still a little pissed at Quinn, but I knew she was struggling. I knew this was a hard time. It was getting closer to her due date and the girl was terrified. I knew the last thing she needed was for me to abandon her, So there was no way I was doing that.

Also she's been really distant since last week. I keep finding her zoned out all the time. Like one minute she's talking to me and the next she's off in her own little world. I mean granted we're not really in the best place right now. I feel like we're just not addressing the elephant in the room, of what happened last week.

Right now we're all at Mr Schue's house. Yeah... I know. Weird. A bunch of teens round at a teachers house. But I think he just wants us all to be with each other a final time. Since the club found out that Sue Sylvester is one of the judges at regionals. It's like last week was a waste of time. We're all back in a funk. Again.

But Mr Schue seemed to not be giving up.

"Quinn" I head coming from Mr Schue's kitchen. I looked up worriedly thinking something was wrong, but just saw he was looking at a spaced out Quinn. Like I said she'd been distant with everybody lately.

"Are you alright?" He asked her as she turned away from the window. I stood near the doorway waiting to find out the answer she'd give him.

"It's been a long year" She said with a sad smile. What was bothering her so bad lately. I wish she'd tell me.

"Yeah" I heard him agree. "Oh, you need some help with those plates" he said offering his help.

"I'm not due for a month." Quinn smiled at him. Well that was a half truth. She was due in two weeks, ish. But anything can happen I guess. And with all the jumping and dancing around, if I'm honest... I was worried about it. Even if the doctor said not to be. "Think I can handle a stack of plates."

"Right... I'm...Yeah..." Mr Shue stumbled. He looked up and saw me. I nodded in appreciation that he'd thought to at least try to help her. He nodded back.

She then passed me as she walked back into the living room and smiled a shy smile at me. I hated not being able to comfort her in a room full of our friends. I was sick of it. I know we both agreed to let this play out. To see how we work as a couple before making it more public but... I just want to be there for her... properly.

I made a hasty decision and slipped passed her before she could sit in the one empty seat on Mr Schue's couch and took a seat. She looked at me confused for second, wondering why I was being an asshole and had just taken her seat. But then I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to sit on my lap. We'd never actually sat like this before, not even at home. Let alone sat like this in front of our friends.

I didn't fail to notice the looks we were getting but I really didn't care. Let them think whatever they wanted. I'm done hiding. I just wanted to be close to her.