13. The First Game.

Ryan

So the game was happening. Single ladies was happening whether we liked it or not. And my family was coming to see the game too.

Great.

I was looking out into the crowd on the bleachers and nerves were setting in. I watched as the cheerleaders were getting the crowd pumped and how the stands were now doing the Mexican wave. I was all geared up and ready.

The team all walked out onto the field to warm up. Passing by the bench as we did so. Just down the field some of the cheerios not cheering already were giving out black face paint to whoever wanted some. I was just so distracted with everything that was going on around me. I need to get my head in the game (A/N: hehe). I looked up into the stands and scanned it until I saw my family shouting with the crowd. I smiled softly at them. My dad never likes to miss a game. And then Mom and Riles tag along when they can.

I looked back to the field and locked eyes with a certain blonde haired cheerleader. She was already watching me by the looks of it. I smiled slightly at her and she motioned me to come over.

"Your war paint Mr Hastings" She said holding up some black face paint. I smiled and she proceeded to apply two stripes to my cheeks. "Get out of that head of yours" She said as she was applying the face paint. It seemed she still knew me too well.

"I'm okay" I said but not sure who I was trying to convince, her or myself. I ran a hand through my hair.

"No you're not you're nervous" She said with a shy smile. Can she read minds now?

"The team is..." I said not being able to find the words but she made a face that said it all and I laughed slightly "And being here... without... you know the guys from home," She winced like she did when I said that at my audition "...In New York" I corrected "and playing with a new team that I barely even know, and then my family being here to witness how much we suck..." I gestured in their direction and saw them watching us. Quinn gave them a small wave, as did I since they were looking this time.

"Stop worrying, you'll do amazing!" She said turning back to me taking a hold of the back of my head and not letting me look away from her. This position felt familiar. I tried looking to see where Finn is, we really needed to stop getting caught in these awkward positions. But her grip wouldn't allow it.

"You are amazing!" She said "Now go get em tiger" She said smirking, and giving me a slight push in the right direction, both really and metaphorically, and I don't know why, but it was enough to get me into a better mood. I could do this.

Game on.

"Well I think we err... really came together this week as a team" Finn said to us. Me and Puck looking not so enthusiastic. I think the same could be said for the rest of the team as well. No one wanted to do this dance tonight. Not at the first game of the season. I mean I'm all for a performance but on a football field? I think we all know first hand that this isn't the most open minded team, let alone town.

"Yeah, a gay team" Puck said and Kurt looked less than impressed at that statement. "A big gay team of dancing gays" I slapped him for that one. I wasn't standing for that.

"Seriously, It was fun in practice and all, but we can't do that out here in front of everybody. It will make us even more of a joke." One of the other guys said only voicing all of our concerns. Finn looked like he was gonna say something but just ended up walking off. In turn we followed putting our helmets on as we ran off to the middle of the field. We huddled up and waited for out QB to take action.

"Alright divert right. Eighty Seven on one. Break" Finn shouted in the team huddle . The whistle blew and the game started.

"Yo QB!" The other team's player shouted as we lined up ready for the play. "Your mama's so fat, the back of her neck looks like a pack of hotdogs. Give me some ketchup!"