47. Can You Two Just Stop.

Quinn

"He better turn up" Ryan said a little irritably from the drivers seat of his car. We were currently on the way to the doctors office for my next sonogram. Time was now ticking by and my due date was getting closer and closer. It was now really sinking in that this was happening. I was going to have to have this baby. I was going to have give birth.

On my own.

My parents had turned their back on me and hadn't bothered to make amends since they basically threw me out of the house. So I was doing this on my own whether I liked it or not.

This appointment was more of a check up to make sure that everything is developing and progressing the way that it needs to be. To check that she's not under any distress and that nothing is wrong. So I was nervous but from what I'd been researching about this stage of my pregnancy, everything seemed to be going fine.

I'd asked Puck to show up for this one. If he wants to pull his weight in this pregnancy then this was his time to step up. The last one of these I went to was with Finn, so Puck hadn't seen her throughout this process. So I wanted him there.

Ryan offered to take me there today, he said he'd wait in the car if need be, or in the office waiting room like he did for the first one. But sitting with him right now in this car. I want him with me. I want him there. I want him to meet my little girl. Even if it's through a screen.

"Ry?" I asked him quietly, He turned slightly to acknowledge me and then quickly focussed back on the road ahead. But either way he let me know his was listening "Come in with me" I kind of stated rather than asked him.

He fell a little silent after that.

"Are you sure?" He asked, making a turn into the doctor's office parking lot. "I thought this was kind of something you need to do with Puck?" He asked while looking around for a parking space.

"I need you there" I said quietly to him and as he picked a space and slowly came to a stop he turned to address me a little better. I turned also to give him my full attention. "Puck has been great lately, I have to admit, I didn't think he'd ever step up the way that he has. But he's not you." I said looking at Ryan right in the eyes. Letting him know how much I need him to be there. "He's just not. You've been there from the day you found out I was pregnant, and you make me feel so safe and so calm, even when on the inside I am freaking out. And believe me the faster the due date approaches, the more freaked out I'm getting, and I need you there. I also really want you to meet her, to see her." I finished.

"Okay... okay" He nodded. "If you want me there today then I'll be there. I'll be wherever you need me to be" He said switching off the engine and exiting the car. I watched on in confusion.

Wait... one minute he's telling me that he'll be there and now he gets out the car and leaves me here?

Then my door opened and a hand appeared in front of me. I let out a breath of relief and smiled up at him. "Let's get you in there" He said and he helped me out of the car. This was getting a little more difficult as time went on.

We walked off towards the doctors office and I came to a stop in front of the building. Looking around for a certain mohawked boy.

"Ahh, well would you look at that...No sign" Ryan said pointing out the lack of Puck. I rolled my eyes. I mean I get that he's still pissed at him but their bickering was eating away at my last nerve.

"He'll be here" I said. Not sure who I was trying to convince...him or me.

"Well he can meet us in there" He said and then opened the door for me to walk in. I smiled as I passed him and walked over to the receptionist at her desk.