Chapter 17

I woke early, in a cold sweat. I had a nightmare. Dumbledore managed to kill me and I could see the pain in Bella's eyes as she watched me suffer before it all ended. But when I awoke and saw that I was still in my room and Bella asleep opposite me, it was a relief.

I didn't want to go back to sleep so I headed downstairs and sat by the dying fire. I thought about these past few weeks and how I'm not sure I would've gotten through it if it wasn't for Bella. Or Sirius for that matter. My magical ability has greatly improved and I am a much stronger person.

I sat by the fire for hours until I realised the time, it was 6:30. I decided to go upstairs and wake Bella. I gently shook her but she didn't budge. I pulled the covers off of her and she groaned. "Bella, we have to get up. We are leaving at 7" She must have remembered what was happening today because she sprung up and started getting dressed.

We were ready by 6:45 so we went to McGonagall's office. She is the one taking us today. We knocked on the door and she said "Enter" So we did. "Ah, good morning girls. Are you all ready for today?" We nodded happily. Finally, the terrors are over and we will get justice.

We were apparated there by Minerva and we sat in the room where it was all about to happen.

The clock struck 7 and Dumbledore appeared, in a cage filled with spikes and his hands were enchained

The clock struck 7 and Dumbledore appeared, in a cage filled with spikes and his hands were enchained. It was great to see him suffer.

He skimmed the crowd and laid his eyes on us "YOU TWO. YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS" "SILENCE ALBUS" we just tensed slightly, even though we knew there was no way he could possibly hurt us. More to the point, what can he do when he is locked up in Azkaban.

"Albus Dumbledore, you are here to be tried for endangering students, threatening to kill the majority of the magical population and you seriously injured a child. How do you plead?" He looked me dead in the eye "Not guilty" he smirked at me. I reached for Bella's hand and she gave mine a little squeeze. "The jury, I ask that if you find the defendant guilty, you shoot green smoke into the air" To my surprise, every member of the jury shot green smoke. "I hereby sentence you, Albus Dumbledore, to the dementor's kiss" My eyes widened, I looked at Bella in shock. It was a good outcome, just not the outcome we were expecting. McGonagall quickly led us out of the room. "Are you alright girls, you've been awfully quiet" We just nodded before being apparated back to Hogwarts.

"Well girls, it's all over now. You no longer have to live in fear" We smiled at the professor and thanked her for taking us. When we left her office, we hugged and shared a quick kiss in celebration. Today marks a new beginning.