Chapter 39

I stayed the night with Bella, catching up on lost time.

"Can I ask you something?", she nodded. "Why are you called Bellatrix Lestrange now," I asked, remembering the name that boy had used. "Ah, I was waiting for you to ask me that. I had to marry a man named Rodolphus Lestrange but he got killed during a mission" She put it so bluntly I had to ask something else "Do you not miss him?" She scoffed, "miss him? I'm glad he is gone. He wanted children and all that other stuff but I could never do that. I loved you too much, I didn't want anything unless it was with you my love" I giggled "so you never loved him?" she walked over to me and snaked her arms around my waist "Never" she whispered in my ear. Just the sound of her voice made me feel weak. I could collapse under her touch.

We were forced to break apart when Narcissa came in holding the daily prophet. "Have you two seen this?" she placed the paper down in front of us and the headline read 'Maniac Bellatrix Lestrange taken Auror Y/N Y/L/N as a hostage' I couldn't believe my eyes. I snatched the paper away from Bella so she couldn't read it. I skimmed the page and my heart broke.

'Y/N was last seen in the department of mysteries. Lestrange had hold of her by the face and they were gone. Some say that the pair shared a kiss but deep down something sinister is going on. It is believed that Y/N is being held hostage somewhere by the Azkaban escapee while others think they are madly in love. A search party is out for the Auror but so far, no traces have been found'

I passed it to Bella so she could read it. I felt physically sick. Someone must have seen us kiss then made up an entire story to cause drama. I looked up at Cissy and she looked apologetic. "We have to do something. They think I'm missing and that you're holding me captive. You could go back to Azkaban!" I cried. "What is there that we can do?" Cissy asked. I thought for a while until something came to mind.

"I should go back" Bella responded quickly "No! Because then I might lose you again" I held her hand. "I promise you that won't happen" she looked at me sadly "How do you know that though". I thought again then something came to mind, "we need to make an unbreakable vow" she shook her head and stepped back. "you can't do that because what if you break it Y/N. You will die" I laughed, "I won't, that is why I am proposing it"

It took a while but she reluctantly agreed. Narcissa was the bonding agent. I locked my arm with Bellas, gripping tightly onto her wrist. "Will you, Y/N Y/L/N, promise never to leave me" I squeezed her wrist gently before replying "I will" she continued and I wasn't expecting it. "And will you promise to love me forever" I laughed slightly before saying "I will" The magical bond disappeared and we let go of each other's arms before pulling each other into a long hug.

"Alright, so we need to devise a stable plan". "Agreed" Narcissa replied. "They think I am on their side. So, if I return unharmed, they will drop the allegations against us. I will pretend to fight on their side however, I feel it be necessary that I give the dark lord information on Harry Potter. Voldemort clearly wants the boy dead and I am willing to aid this if it means peace" We were all in agreement but we had to discuss matters with the dark lord.

Bella called for him and he briskly arrived. "What's this Bellatrix? Your hostage" Before Bella could reply I spoke on our behalf. "My lord, I am no hostage. I am on your side. Yes, I am an Auror but I have come to my senses" He snarled "what makes you think I am going to believe you" I walked up to Bella and kissed her, it was a passionate kiss and she moaned at the loss of touch when I pulled away. "If I was not on your side, I would not have done that. If I was not on your side, I would not be in love with this woman. Do you believe me now my lord?" he lightly nodded his head so I spoke again. "I am willing to give you information on the Potter boy. He is the reason that there is no peace. Peace is what we want, so I will do my best to deliver it" "Very well then, report back to me whenever you hear something you deem to be important" I nodded and with that, he left.

"How am I meant to call him?" Bella took my hand, "I will call him for you, I will be here most of the time and if I'm not, Cissy can fetch me. It is important that you do not let him give you the dark mark. You can't be successful undercover with this thing" Cissy agreed so I turned to her "don't you have one Narcissa?" she showed me her arm, nothing was present. "I refused. Unlike Bellatrix, nothing was at stake if I didn't take it. Although I still had to be a loyal follower" "Ah, I see"

I stayed the night and got ready to head back to Hogwarts in the morning. I didn't want to leave Bellatrix again but I knew I had to. I would soon be back in her arms safely, just like how it used to be.