Chapter 19

I was sat talking to James and Remus in the great hall when Bella came rushing over, clutching a letter in her hand. "They said you can stay!" she exclaimed excitedly. We both squealed in excitement and the boys rolled their eyes at us- "Girls" they said in unison.

I rushed to my room to pack my things, I decided to bring clothes that would be acceptable for a family setting. I didn't have many suitable clothes. I used to wear clothes that my parents disliked in a way of rebelling against them. Safe to say, it worked.

When I was done packing I met Bella in the great hall, she had two huge luggage bags and I only had a small bag carrying a couple of things. "Is that all you're taking?" "It's all I've got" we laughed. "I will get mother to take us to Diagon alley at some point, she won't mind buying you some new clothes Y/N" I appreciated the offer but I couldn't accept it. She walked off before I could get another word in though.

We would be meeting her mother, Druella, in Hogsmede. So while all the other students were making their way to the train station, Bella and I headed off to the little village. We quickly stopped off in Honeydukes to grab some sweets.

We walked up to the shrieking shack to meet her mother. I'm not sure why it is called the shrieking shack, apparently, it's haunted but personally, I've never heard anything. We sat outside and it wasn't long until her mother appeared. "Hello Bellatrix, how lovely to see you again. And this must be Y/N" She was a beautiful woman with beautiful brown eyes, just like Bella's and she wore her blonde curly hair tied back into an elegant bun. She is anything but what I had imagined her to be. "Good afternoon Miss Black" I said politely. I wasn't too sure how you formally address an older witch but she seemed happy to meet me.

We grabbed her hands and were apparated to the Black family manor

We grabbed her hands and were apparated to the Black family manor. It was my first time apparating so I felt extremely sick and dizzy, but I held it together to save embarrassment. Little did I know, Sirius was already there. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" He asked running up to me and hugging me tightly. "Oh, Druella said I could stay here. I told Bella about my family and how I was dreading staying with them so she wrote to ask if I could stay the summer so here I am" I smiled at him.

A house-elf showed me to my room, I had never really seen one in the flesh before so I was slightly nervous around them. They are very odd-looking creatures but some are quite cute.

My room was directly opposite Bellatrix's room so thankfully, I knew where to find her. I unpacked my things neatly out of respect. The room was rather large, I had a king-sized bed with a large portrait hanging above it. Everything about the room was dark and dull yet it still seemed homely. I also had an ensuite bathroom with a large bath in the centre and a grand mirror above the sink. It was bordered with gold patterns. The mansion was so classy, I would have to try and get used to it somehow. Fingers crossed I don't get myself lost.

I heard a knock on the door so briskly walked over to answer it. Bella was stood before me, she flung her arms around me so I pulled us in, in case we were seen. "I am so glad you're here. I can't wait for you to meet Cissy. And of course Andromeda but we're not that close" I couldn't believe I was here. "I'm glad too. Could you please tell me if there's anything I need to know before sitting to dinner with your family?" She let go of me and wandered over to my bed. "You must be polite and respectful, I can't promise they won't punish you. It's tradition that we follow a schedule and you have to address them as Mr and Mrs Black" It was completely different to how I have lived with my parents all these years.

We never had any formal plans put in place and I often ate alone in my room. I will have to adapt quickly. "Of course, I promise to be a good guest" "You already are being a good guest, my mother likes you already," she said winking at me.

What a relief.