Chapter 3

We all left the great hall and were guided to the Gryffindor common room by a prefect. As we walked, we were given information on the building that we must remember, specifically the moving staircases. The paintings on the walls greeted us as we made our way to our new home. We were told the password to the portrait that will grant us our entry 'Dilligrout' and upon saying that word, the painting flung open, revealing a short tunnel. At the other end, was a room bursting with the colours red and gold. It was so cosy and tranquil.

We were shown where our dorms are and who would be in them

We were shown where our dorms are and who would be in them. I was placed in the smallest room with only two beds however, I don't have to share. I walked into my room to see that my luggage was already on my bed so I began to unpack. I had brought a photo of me and my parents with me but for the moment, it is just going to go in my drawer. I walked over to Gizmo's cage and brought him to the window. I opened it for him and told him just to come back when he is ready. And with that, he took off into the night. It must be a relief for him.

Once I finished unpacking, it was pretty late so I decided it would be smart to head to bed. I quickly got changed out of my robes which were changed to Gryffindor when I was sorted. I put on my pyjama's and climbed into my four-poster bed. I think I'm going to like it here.

TIMESKIP

It has been a few days since my arrival. Because it was a Friday when we got here, my lessons won't officially start until tomorrow (Monday). Everything has been so great, I've spent a lot of time with the boys and they've all taught me so much; basic spells, potions, magical creatures...

I couldn't help but let my mind wander to one person, Bellatrix. I haven't seen her since the ceremony and whether that is a good thing I do not know. I feel drawn to her, the smirk is embedded in my mind. I have to speak to Sirius.

To my luck, he was sat alone in the common room. I walked over and sat next to him. "Hey Sirius, can I ask you something?" He nodded so I began by saying "Well, you know during the sorting ceremony? I made eye contact with Bellatrix" the sound of her name made him tense up slightly. "She smirked at me and it gave me a strange feeling but, in a good way. So, I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about her?" He clenched his jaw "why do you want to know about her Y/N? She is pure evil and I don't want you to get mixed up in all of... that" I could sense the seriousness in his voice so I decided it would be best to leave the situation before it gets the chance to escalate. I just shrugged my shoulders then got up to explore the castle. As I got to the door Sirius said, "she is dangerous Y/N please, be careful" I stopped to listen but didn't turn back or reply, just left him sitting there.

How can someone so young be dangerous. His words swam around in my head the entire time I wandered. I don't know how far I went or where I actually was but it looked eerie and dark. A door swung open and a nest of black curly hair emerged from it. 'The Slytherin common room' I thought. I stepped back against a wall, hoping I wouldn't be seen. She slowly walked along the corridor, getting closer to me with each step. As she approached me, my breathing got shallow and I stood frozen. She suddenly stopped and turned towards me, before I could do anything she grabbed my wrists and pinned me to the wall. My heart began to beat faster as she got closer to my ear. She whispered "What's this? A Gryffindor out of bed after hours" she cackled and looked me dead in the eye, her face dropped. "You're a mudblood aren't you... I can smell it on you" she sounded disgusted. "Oh dear, the filthy mudblood's scared of me" She came extremely close to me once more before releasing me. I was paralysed, fearing for my life. Maybe Sirius was right. Perhaps she is dangerous.

She walked away laughing to herself. I don't know what came over me because I felt the urge to follow her. So I did. I just had to know where she was going and why she was so intimidating. If anything, I was quite glad to see her because now I know that she is alright.

I stayed in the shadows to remain undetected but still close enough to know where she was going. She turned a corner and I did too shortly after her. But, when I did turn the corner, she was gone. I wandered down the hallway but saw nowhere for her to have gone. How strange, impossible in fact. I had to get back to Sirius.

I quickly turned around and had to guess my way back to the common room. As I walked around the school, I noticed that every person within the portraits was sleeping, lord knows what time it is.

I could see a light growing closer. Something told me that I needed to stay away from it since the rest of the building is dark. I found a door and entered, not knowing where I was. Footsteps got louder then they stopped, I heard a faint meow next to the door followed by a voice "Come on Mrs Norris, nothing here" then the footsteps started again and when I could no longer hear them, I knew it was safe to come out. Filch...