Chapter 36

Back to your pov now <3

I knocked on James' door. He answered and saw how broken I was. I collapsed into his arms as he pulled me inside. Lily rushed to his side. "Y/N oh my merlin, what's happened" I had no strength to reply, I just screamed and cried in James' arms. Remus and Sirius ran out of the room to join us. They just watched as I broke down on the porch floor.

The rest of the night was a blur because when I woke up, I found myself in a foreign room. I walked downstairs to be greeted by the boys and Lily. "Where is Peter?" I asked, realising he was nowhere to be seen. "We don't know but that isn't important. What has happened?" James said as I sat down. I didn't realise but I looked like death. My eyes were puffy and red, they stung and I could barely keep them open. "It's Bella, she was forced to become a death eater. I wouldn't be able to handle it if she died. So I left" Sirius rubbed my back. "I could kill my aunt and uncle. I don't know why they have allowed this to happen" I sniffled looking at him "Sirius, you're a Black. How come this isn't happening to you?" He laughed "I ran away before they got the chance to make me. I wish I could say the same for my brother Regulus" I nodded my head.

"You don't mind if I stay here for a while do you, James?" I asked shyly. "Of course not Beaky" hearing my nickname reminded me of her. I burst out crying again. Remus hit his arm and I heard him yelp. Lily walked over and hugged me. "Shh, it's alright Y/N. You're here now. Stay as long as you need. You will always have us" I thanked her silently and walked up to my new room.

I was laying still, staring at the ceiling. Then I remembered that one divination lesson. The tessomancy told me that 'something I wish so dearly not to happen will happen, and I will have no control over it'. This must be what it meant. I can just remember her telling me not to worry because I will have a happy future. But, how can my future be happy if she isn't in it?

I couldn't shake her voice, her face, her laughter, anything from my mind. I cried into my pillow most of the night, drifting in and out of sleep. I woke each time Bella died or was tortured in some way in front of me.

I might regret leaving but for now it seems like the right thing to have done.