Chapter 23

BACK TO YOUR POV

I stayed in Bella's room and waited for her to return. I watched the photo on her dresser move over and over again. Wishing I could go back to that moment.

Suddenly, the doorknob turned and Bella came into the room before slumping onto her bed. "Is everything alright love?" I asked. She shook her head and buried her face into her pillow. "I have been given the liberty of seeing my school years through but then, I must become a death eater after my graduation" My heart sank. "Look, I'm sure that by then things will change and you might not have to do that. It's like, six years away" She turned around, her eyes were all red and puffy. I crawled up the bed and lay next to her, wiping her tear-stained cheeks and comforting her.

Her becoming a death eater is inevitable. I need to try and live with that now.

FAST FORWARD TO THE END OF SUMMER

We go back to Hogwarts today, I really don't want to leave. I've been treat so kindly by Druella and Cissy is like a sister to me, I will miss them so much. But, I can't wait to see James, Remus and Peter.

I was busy packing when I heard a knock on the door "Come in" I said and the door opened. "Hello darling, how are you feeling about going back to school?" It was Druella. "Yeah, I'm alright I suppose" she nodded her head. "Good. Y/N I just wanted to say, It's been a pleasure having you stay with us. I would love for you to stay over again at Halloween" My face lit up in excitement. "Oh Mrs Black, I would love to" she smiled at me and walked over.

"You do know that you don't have to keep things from me right?" My stomach dropped, does she know about me and Bella? "Darling, don't look so frightened. It doesn't bother me that you are in Gryffindor" my body relaxed, what a relief. "Oh, yeah. Sorry I lied, I wasn't sure if you would like me given that Slytherin and Gryffindor have a bit of a rivalry" She stifled a laugh "Darling, I knew the moment I saw you. Anyway, I appreciate everything you've done for our daughter, I've been given updates from Professor McGonagall. I'm aware of everything that has happened"

We haven't spoken about what happened since the trial, we decided it would be for the best to keep it in the past. "It was no problem, Mrs Black, Sirius was a great help too. And I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your daughter" She held her arms out and gave me a tight hug "I know sweetheart, I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that. Oh and honey, please call me Druella" she smelled so sweet and her arms felt safe, like Bella's.

We broke apart and smiled. She is like the mother I never had, it felt amazing to be loved in this way. I've been so attention deprived my whole life. I feel at home with the Black's.

Later that day, I was sat with Bella. Our bags packed and we were ready to leave. Cissy came in and hopped onto the bed with us. "I don't want you to leave" she said, pouting at us. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her head "I know Cissy but we have to go. Besides, we will be back home for Halloween and it won't be long until you join us at Hogwarts yourself" I said smiling. "Oh yes Bella, I forgot to mention. Your mother came in to see me earlier and she's already invited me to stay for Halloween" she grinned at me and put her hand on my shoulder.

I stayed with Cissy for a while until it was time to go. She cried a bit but I knew she would be alright again in a few hours. I promised to keep in contact with Druella and continue looking out for Bella. I already can't wait to be back in a few months!

We got on the train and found an empty compartment. "How are you so good with Cissy when you've never had a sibling?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I guess it must come naturally. Anyway, I'm glad I don't have a sibling. Given what my parents are like" Thinking about my parents, I remembered that I never told them that I wouldn't be coming home. I'm sure they would have been ecstatic that I didn't come home...